High torque starter for the 3.8?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I wish I could help you out but, I don't know of anyone running one. Is there a reason why you feel the need for one?

GCM 2

Powermaster alternators and starters are the go to people for the industry standard in high torque starters. Its what I used on my big motor race cars and my 4.0L TJ motor, but that's where the jeep applications stop. There is nothing for a 2007 and up jeep V6. Unless you are boring and stroking a 3.8L, which is basically impossible because it's already maxed out on that for its block in stock configuration, what could you need this for on a 3.8L?

dahoover5866

Well my starter is going out, and I have a ripp and if figure rather than replacing factory parts why not upgrade...I always upgrade :crazyeyes:

GCM 2

Well my starter is going out, and I have a ripp and if figure rather than replacing factory parts why not upgrade...I always upgrade :crazyeyes:

Haha! I cannot fault you for that, upgrading is a proper response no matter what :thumb: I think the only way to upgrade the starter in this instance is to upgrade what it's starting......Hemi or LS and then you can have your pick of high torque starters. Short of that, it's factory Mopar or stock equivalent from the auto parts store.

dahoover5866

I ended up with an omix Ada replacement and new e3 diamond fire just because so I'm somewhat happy, at least she starts
Happy jeepin'!

Top Bottom