Freedom top screws?

Chairokey

Has anyone removed the 2 screws from the freedom too and left them out? I'm thinking they don't serve much purpose and are far too long threaded for my liking lol. Just want to make sure it's safe before I leave them out

munstie

I run during the summer without them when I have to put the hardtop back on.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

MrJ3sser

Mine only came with one but I usually leave it off. It seems like the inner latches hold the freedom tops on good enough...

Rusty

My dealership told me when I bought the jeep that it was only necessary to put in if running with only the drivers side freedom panel out to secure the passenger side... So I took them out and never put them back in... 1 year ago and no water leakage... Oh and I live in a place where I can easily wake up with +-3' of snow on top of her...

Hope this helps

Ldogg

I ran mine for a couple months without them before I took the top off for the summer. No leaks and I even took it through a car wash once with no problems.

jmeredith

Mine were only in for a few weeks... Think they are still in the glovebox... No idea... Think you only need them if you wanna run freedom panels only

suicideking

A freedom screw is what you do the night after you get a divorce.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I'll remember that one!

I've had the screws out for over a year with no issues. I have been through the car wash multiple times, and been through rain storms. No leaking, no other problems. I've seen a few people install extra tweeters and CB speakers in the holes.

Top Bottom