TrailMEX build

Hollowpoint515

So I am a proud new owner of a 2013 Jk unlimited sport. I have been wanting a gecko Jk since the first time I saw one and after fighting the wife for it I finally got my jeep so here are the plans for it so far

PHASE 1
- flat fenders
- 1.5 inch wheel spacers
- 1 inch body lift
- Air intake
- 35 inch tires
- power programmer
- truck lites
- ALL skid plates
- mirror relocate brackets

PHASE 2
- Dana 44 front axle
- 4.88 regear
- front and rear air lockers
- truss and gusset front axle
- axle sleeves

PHASE 3
- Front and rear coil overs
- front and rear drive shafts
- long arm upgrade

FINISHING TOUCHES
- front bumper
- winch
- tire carrier
- bead lock wheels

So far as of today phase one is almost complete then it's time to seriously get to work with mods but its all going to be put on hold for about 9 months while I deploy to Afghanistan

jeeeep

Hooked
save some $$ on skids - the stock skids are pretty strong, just get skids for stuff not already protected

Last edited:

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Congrats on your new Jeep! You have a nice build list there.

You might want to add C gussets to your Phase 1 build if you are going to 35s. I've seen guys running 35s without gussets but it's only a matter of time before you have issues especially if you wheel it.

Also might need some recovery equipment, winch etc. Not sure what your intent is for wheeling but if your putting armor on then you might be headed to places where a winch will come in very handy. :idontknow: Just a suggestion though.

Looking forward to seeing this come together! :beer:

Hollowpoint515

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372191382.204130.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372191413.890796.jpg

For my air intake I went with the Volant PowerCore because of the optional snorkel I will most likely end up with down the road but I'm not sure if ill even need one in Texas

Hollowpoint515

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372213154.199469.jpg

Here is a nifty little cell phone mount I got about a month ago I like it for the most part it's just that it vibrates real bad when driving... It doesn't make any noise it just vibrates from the vehicle shaking

Hollowpoint515

Got rid of the stock tires and slapped on 35 inch Pro Comp A/T with 1.5 inch poison spider wheel spacers I went with the A/T because right now I've got like a 30 min drive to work and back on the highway and going to play will probably only be on the weekends occasionally right now... Also I'm going to need to get new wheels because 1.5 inch isn't enough for the stock wheels so I'm going with craiger soft 8 and end caps so i can hack off the font bumper and make it a stubby they should be here by the 4th of July weekend... And I'm still waiting on my freakin body lift ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372253611.147489.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372253638.515047.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372253659.731265.jpg
Here is what it looked like before
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372253760.046615.jpg

Hollowpoint515

I got a hold of north ridge today and they said there is a delay with the manufacturer and it was being shipped today so I should receive it in a few days

Top Bottom