2013 JK wiring question

jmeredith

Does anyone have a schematic or wiring diagram that would show where one could tap into the circuit that provides the 12v supply to the headlights and the interior lights when unlocking the doors with the factory remote... I would like to have my rock lights illuminate when unlocking. Would obviously require a Zener diode to keep the rock lights from illuminating when the headlights where activated manually.... Any thoughts or ideas

On an unrelated note.... Anyone know how to disable traction control (fully) on a 2013 rubicon??

-Jason

KPM171

On an unrelated note.... Anyone know how to disable traction control (fully) on a 2013 rubicon??

-Jason

Just push and hold the ESC button for 5 seconds, it should read as fully off in 4hi or 4Lo (none of that partial-off stuff). Or are you looking to kill it in 2wd also?

jmeredith

Hmmm that so crazy it might just work!! Will play around with my multi-meter and see if I can find the right wire, thanks!

-J

Done! It was the Yellow/white in the harness next to the drivers door... Rock lights now illuminate when the jeep is unlocked... They also illuminate when the dome lights are turned on manually, but I'm going to put a bypass switch in to disable the rock light feature... That leaves the one issue of the dome light illuminating when the rock lights are turned on manually... I think that can be fixed with a zenner diode put in between the yellow/white feeder. Anyone have thoughts on this?

-J

Attachments

• image-4220530456.jpg
    image-4220530456.jpg
    457.4 KB · Views: 51

jmeredith

Ok the 12v Zener worked but got really hot, so plan 'b' was using the switch... I picked up a push button at radshack that works perfectly! Did a little custom install :). I need to grab a higher amperage diode and try again, but for now the switch works great as a bypass for the dome light!

Attachments

• image-3737997840.jpg
    image-3737997840.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom