Livin the Life - Tahoe 2013

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's that time again when we head up to Tahoe for the month of July. We thought it would be fun to start this thread to post pics of all the cool places we visit and fun things we do. We hope you'll enjoy following us around vicariously. :)

To kick things off here is a shot of RubiCAT all loaded up and getting tanked up on our way up...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372359877.008484.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Man I would love to head up there right now to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

Guess I have to wait a month and a half. Can't wait for the pics!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I can't wait to live the trip with you thru all the pics! Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Sweet!! I'm gonna be leaving on Sunday and well be up there for the 4th so I'm sure ill be seeing you guys!! 😁Ill be following this thread for sure!

Ray ⛺

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How many miles are on RubiCat now? Those Trail Grapplers are starting to look a little thin!

We have about 41,000 miles on the odometer and maybe about 35,000 on the trail grapplers. Yeah they are getting a little thin.

epiccosmo

We have about 41,000 miles on the odometer and maybe about 35,000 on the trail grapplers. Yeah they are getting a little thin.

Wow!! That is impressive!! I am about to trip 9K on mine after almost 10 months of ownership!

Is that 35,000 miles of 37" Tires with no breakage at all to stock axles?

I ask because I want to move up but I am nervous about running 37's with stock axles. Granted I have talked to multiple people with no issues at all.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow!! That is impressive!! I am about to trip 9K on mine after almost 10 months of ownership!

Is that 35,000 miles of 37" Tires with no breakage at all to stock axles?

I ask because I want to move up but I am nervous about running 37's with stock axles.

No, we've broken a front axle shaft really early on and always anticipate breaking the other sometime soon.

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
Just great, check engine light came on. Pulled 2 codes - p0430 and p0622.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372371870.487761.jpg

Decided to pull over and give things a look.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372371916.602426.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Glad to see you making your way back up north. Let me know when you get settled and I'll drive up to say hello (maybe a Tahoe Meet & Greet over some pizza and beer?)

This year we need to make sure to get a pic of Rubicat on "Overlander" road. ;)

Edit: Just saw you are throwing codes...BUMMER! I hope it is nothing serious.

Last edited:
Top Bottom