tires

Shark0587

Hello all, I'm a first time Jeep owner, need to get rid of factory tires, what is a good inexpensive tire? Really eyeing Goodyear Kevlars.... wanting something with good sidewall protection and has some meat on them

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Cheap and good do not mix for tires. Goodyears are hit or miss for a lot of folks and its mostly miss. I run Nitto's and love them. I have run Nitto's for a while on my vehicles prior to my jeep and loved them. But you get what you pay for with tires.

Chairokey

Hello all, I'm a first time Jeep owner, need to get rid of factory tires, what is a good inexpensive tire? Really eyeing Goodyear Kevlars.... wanting something with good sidewall protection and has some meat on them

Kevlars are good tires. If you're a big rock crawler they might not be right for you though. If I remember correctly, the side walls puncture easily.

I personally run Goodyear duratracs and I love them. They've treated me well so far and have actually saved my life at one point lol

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Kevlars are good tires. If you're a big rock crawler they might not be right for you though. If I remember correctly, the side walls puncture easily.

I personally run Goodyear duratracs and I love them. They've treated me well so far and have actually saved my life at one point lol

On road manners are not very good either.

Skirmish

Falken Wild Peaks (or Rocky Mts they are the same tire) are cheaper, vey strong sidewall and great on the road or trail. It's an AT though so not great in mud. Depends on your intentions.

StrizzyChris

Falken Wild Peaks (or Rocky Mts they are the same tire) are cheaper, vey strong sidewall and great on the road or trail. It's an AT though so not great in mud. Depends on your intentions.

Plus adds a lil more MPG's due to tread pattern design

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I've never personally run Kevlars, but I have seen a fair number of complaints about difficulty getting a good balance with some sizes.

bl17z90

I have had my trail grapplers for a few weeks now and they do great on the road...lost about 4 mpg and I will have thrm in the dirt and mud tomorrow so we'll see how they do.

Trembley

I run Toyo's Open Country's in the 35" flavor and absolutely love them...great off road and only hum a little on the highway! I did lose some mpg's but hey ya gotta pay to play!

KPM171

What size wheel and what size tire are you looking at? I ran Dunlop Mudrovers on my TJ and absofreakinlutely loved them. They were also bargain basement cheap when I got them.

Kneece

I have 35" Trail Grapplers and love'em. I have about 25,000 on these with No complaints. I just keep them rotated every 5,000 miles or so. A buddy of mine has the Kevlars on his 2012 JKU and after a month they looked like crap. All chopped and cupped.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372448591.555826.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372448635.205579.jpg

Sent by Pony Express

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372448557.059093.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372448557.059093.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 131

TonkaJK1031

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372455583.606270.jpg

I've got 33" BFG M/T KM2. And I can't say that they are cheap. But I love them. I've done mainly mudding and trails and they performed great. Also most people say they will last easy up to 50,000 miles.

jkrossi

What kind of terrain does your jeep play on?
I run 35" toyo open country A/T 2s and they handle great!!! They are E rated they dont chunck and they really hook up great on the rocks and sand. They are nice and quiet too. They are kinda a cross breed of a mud and a standard A/T. Plus a factory 65000 mile warranty. Heres a pic of them. But they might not have enought meat for the look your going for. But just letting you see whats out there.
1372473546951.jpg

Top Bottom