Morongo Basin, CA Fender Cutters?!?!?!?!

crowrb29

Anyone in the morongo basin that has any experience cutting the stock fenders. Something I really would like to do but i'm sort of afraid to do it by myself.

Its easy go to project-Jk.com and you will find the write up. I did it not to long ago its harder to make the first cut than to cut them lol

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Did you leave them on the jeep when you were cutting?

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Leave them on while cutting, mark them with tape and cut away. Then take off the liners, front fender support and chop them. I left the rear liners out and painted the heel wells with the rubberized wheel well undercoating. A few of us Wayalifers just has a fender chop party a few months ago.

JethroJK

What he said.

It is not as hard as it seems. Just take your time and don't rush. It took me about 3 hours to completely chop and clean up the cuts. Sanded with 220 and didn't use edging.

I painted the rear inside but with just flat black but I like the rubberized coating idea. Next mod???

Skid_Kid

Anyone in the morongo basin that has any experience cutting the stock fenders. Something I really would like to do but i'm sort of afraid to do it by myself.

I will be out there in Aug for ITX and can help if you want to wait. But like everybody is saying it is easy. Just lay out your lines first, make sure your all matched up and I used a dremel with cutting wheel on all the ones I have done.

jeeeep

Hooked
practice your first cut below your final cut to get used to it.. you won't need to practice much, just take your time and follow your lines

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm over in apple valley if u want to make the drive ill be glad to show u how I did it. Its pretty easy though if u follow the write up. I left mine on. I didn't want to hastle with the clips.

ForumRunner_20130629_140901.png

ForumRunner_20130629_140920.png

Top Bottom