Front axle shafts

jkrossi

Are these plastic retainers or what ever thay are called supposed to be seated closer to the axle housing? Is it a sign of future problems? 1372522906874.jpg 1372522918112.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nah, they're just dust shields and totally useless. Your seals are on the inside next to your differential.

jkrossi

Nah, they're just dust shields and totally useless. Your seals are on the inside next to your differential.

Ok cool. Thanks eddie. Oh hey are you putting in a bigger radiator with hemi swap? I need a stock radiator mine is leaking. If so would you sell it?

Last edited:

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
Ok cool. Thanks eddie. Oh hey are you putting in a bigger radiator with hemi swap? I need a stock radiator mine is leaking. If so would you sell it?

Eddies doing an LS swap.
I personally would not put another plastic oe pos rad in your JK. I've been through 2. I got a 2 row all aluminum CSF and put in mine.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...F/Radiator/2007/X/6_Cyl_3-dot-8L/CSF3466.html

You will need a different rad cap and bolts for the shroud and mounts cause it doesn't come with them. Minor trimming on shroud piece and some smoothing with a dremel on some sharp edges are needed, other than that a perfect fit.

Top Bottom