Hydrolocked!

Bigblake58

I was playing in the mid pit at gorman yesterday and somehow sucked up about a gallon of water! In the process I bent 3 connecting rods. So my question is do I drop a new crate 350 ( carbureted, V8) in it or do I build my 3.8 (bore it out, turbo,cam,ext. Both will be about the same price... I just don't which is better! Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using WAYALIFE Mobile app

jmm176

I was playing in the mid pit at gorman yesterday and somehow sucked up about a gallon of water! In the process I bent 3 connecting rods. So my question is do I drop a new crate 350 ( carbureted, V8) in it or do I build my 3.8 (bore it out, turbo,cam,ext. Both will be about the same price... I just don't which is better! Any suggestions?

Did you have an aftermarket cold air intake, and if so what brand?

check with you insurance company and this might be covered. A buddy hydrolocked his F-150 and they bought him a new truck. What the worst they can say, No.

bluewave

If you have full coverage it dosent matter it will be a comprehensive claim. Insurance covers stupidity (no insult ment by that) it was an accident that it happend it wasn't intentional so your good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

USAA covered me when i hydrolocked mine a month or two ago my engine had about 60K on it they replaced it with a 3.8 that had 15k on it just for my comp deductible

desertrunner

i would have loved to do a V8 swap while had the chance but i didnt have the $$$ at the time and i couldnt beat a $150 replacement so insurance might be something to look into if that doesnt pan out definitely go for a V8 swap just my :twocents:

Bigblake58

I talked to my insurance company and they said they would cover it but my rates would skyrocket!! They are already insane because I'm 18 and driving a 4x4! I want it smog legal, and there is no way im paying 28k for AEVs Hemi! so i'm just going to rebuild mine (with a few extras inside) and put a RIPP on it with heads.

desertrunner

I talked to my insurance company and they said they would cover it but my rates would skyrocket!! They are already insane because I'm 18 and driving a 4x4! I want it smog legal, and there is no way im paying 28k for AEVs Hemi! so i'm just going to rebuild mine (with a few extras inside) and put a RIPP on it with heads.

i feel ya on the high rates im 21 and mine arent cheap either but luckily USAA didnt totally jack up my rates
good luck on the rebuild :thumb:
and just my :twocents: 28K for a HEMI is absurd but you can do a nice LS swap for around 10k at least thats what i was quoted when i was looking into it for mine

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Can't tell from your profile if you are running lower gears. If not, I'd spend your money there instead of trying build up the 3.8 (and instead of putting on a RIPP). Even if you do have lower gears, you might want to just find a used 3.8 and save up for something better down the road. Just my .02, but I think I've seen as many people get rid of their RIPPs as I have keep them.

Bigblake58

Yea I'm running 4.88 noe and moving to 5.13 when I do my axle swap

Bigblake58

I was quoted around 12-15k for a motor, trans, t-case and drive shafts but that's still a lot. I'm good with the 3.8, its pretty sketchy going faster that 75 on the freeway anyways. But getting there faster would be nice!!

Army_Vet

Banned

You live in Cali and want to put a carb engine in a JK? Good luck.

Bigblake58

My uncle does my insurance for Nationwide and said there is no way around it, they are still going to raise my rates

Bigblake58

Yea I decided that was I bad idea the min I posted it!

Top Bottom