Taking my JKU Soft Top through a car wash

NY1982JK

Is this a good idea? Or am I just asking to get my top destroyed??? I love to wash my Jeep by hand but just don't have access to a hose right now and need to get this puppy clean ASAP! Thanks in advance! :beer:

GinaK

I go through the ones that have the touch less car washes..(just sprays the water). It's those spinning rag things that will scratch the heck out of your top!

MurderedJK

I wouldn't even try it... Another thing to think about is that the brushless car washes use pretty powerful water jets (not so cool on soft top windows). :naw:

NY1982JK

Yeah kinda had a feeling it was a bad idea. No touchless carwashes in my area either. Probably just gonna end up hitting it with a Gas station power washer for now. Thanks for the input guys! :thumb:

Ldogg

What about a do it your self car wash where it has the power washer and brush in each bay? I did mine today with a trektop nx, and just used the brush on the body not the top. Used the power washer with soap on the top and it was fine. I was Even able to hand dry the whole jeep in the bay.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What about a do it your self car wash where it has the power washer and brush in each bay? I did mine today with a trektop nx, and just used the brush on the body not the top. Used the power washer with soap on the top and it was fine. I was Even able to hand dry the whole jeep in the bay.

^^^^ this. I do this when I don't want to hand wash it at home or after wheeling trips to semi clean the jeep. It works well

Sent from my iPhone

biggy

I use a pressure washer on my top all the time from a close distance . A touchless carwash is not going to do any damage to a soft top

Wolff1

I take mine thru the automatic touchless wash. its never the water spray that makes me cringe.... its the damn jet engine blower! I let it dry the hood and then pull thru quickly. the blower puts a lot of force on the soft top. so I get thru as quick as I can.

tugoo

I have run mine through the touchless car wash numerous times with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Garvey

Every once in a while (3-4 times this year) I'll hit the touchless car wash to get a coat of protectant on the soft top.. Figure it can't hurt and I've had no issues.

AZDIESELPIG

I take my 2013 2 door to the car wash all the time(Octopus here in Tucson Az).

Its not going to hurt anything. If it does, whatever damages the softtop would also damage a hard top in some manner.

I know guys who pressure wash softops all the time also. they arent "that" delicate. I mean on the trail it gets rubbed going from tree limbs sticking out over the trail etc... that has to be harsher than a car wash.

Last edited:

Paisano

Is this a good idea? Or am I just asking to get my top destroyed??? I love to wash my Jeep by hand but just don't have access to a hose right now and need to get this puppy clean ASAP! Thanks in advance! :beer:

Sometimes I'm just to damn lazy to wash my Jeep so it's off to the car wash for 12$ and I haven't noticed any issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom