New Clutch issues

RubiCON

My buddy recently replaced my clutch and slave cylinder in my 2004 Rubicon. The clutch is excellent but I'm having problems shifting into 2nd gear. It will either not fully engage, grind when clutch is fully pushed down, or not engage at all. Could this be an issue that will fix itself over time?

Markymark420

Does it only occur during the shift 1st to 2nd, are all the sequential gear changes ok? I'm just speculating but sounds like a possible rigging issue.
I Have not done a clutch on the jeep yet, but on other cable shifted vehicles sometimes a shifter alignment procedure will help with a problem like this.
The other approach i would take would be to ask if the clutch was bled completely.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
RubiCON said:
My buddy recently replaced my clutch and slave cylinder in my 2004 Rubicon. The clutch is excellent but I'm having problems shifting into 2nd gear. It will either not fully engage, grind when clutch is fully pushed down, or not engage at all. Could this be an issue that will fix itself over time?

Slave cylinder

RubiCON

It was a brand new slave and clutch, but I figured out the issue, it was the damn boot on my stick shift haha

Top Bottom