Curious question...

J-roc

So I've been hearing about guys cutting their cab corners? Why is this ? and what is this?

Sent from my JK

bholder817

I am guessing you are talking about the rear pinch seams. In order to run larger tires you have to cut them. If you don't you have a very good chance of cutting up your tires when offroading.

Sent from my VS920 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

J-roc

I'm assuming that's what it is yea do u kno at what point that would be something to do

Sent from my JK

suicideking

I'm assuming that's what it is yea do u kno at what point that would be something to do

Sent from my JK

It becomes a concern at around 35" tires depending on your suspension. I have 35's and a 4" lift, didn't need to trim the pinch seams. I will have to when I switch to 37's though.

jesse3638

Hooked
I was just showed on the 2013's that the rear pinch seam has already been redesigned from the factory. No more need to cut them. I wonder if the engineers wheel and were tired of trimming theirs so they just addressed it at the factory..haha

jesse3638

Hooked
Make sure you check. My wife's 2013 is trimmed unlike my 2012. But when we were at the dealer we seen that some 2013 models were trimmed but some were not.

Yeah that was my thought. Probably different builds, I'd assume the closer to the 2012 line they were the likely hood that they were not trimmed.

J-roc

Make sure you check. My wife's 2013 is trimmed unlike my 2012. But when we were at the dealer we seen that some 2013 models were trimmed but some were not.

Would it be to much to ask if I could possibly see a picture of what this looks like ? So I can compare it

Sent from my JK

Beyrgut

Here is a 2013 that is not trimmed from factory, instead of the 90 degree angle it should be closer to a 45. DSC00871.jpg

StrizzyChris

2013's with a late 2012 build date will still require the trim. Build dates of late Feb+ are already trimmed enough to clear 35's. The transition of coming precut from the factory occurred around Jan/ Feb 2013.

J-roc

Alright thank you guys so much for the help I ordered mine feb of this year I believe the build date was feb 18th and was delivered march 4th pretty sure mines cut going by that picture

Sent from my JK

Top Bottom