Lift kit!!!

Blknblujeep

Hi. I've been 4x4 for a while and I figure it's about time to add some flex! I've been looking into the rc 4 inch lift w/ the n2.2 shocks. Has anyone used this lift kit? If so, what is your likes and dislikes.
Also if any has any helpful pointers, be my guest!
Thank you all for the honest answer!! Much appriciated! Now that I'm not going with the rc 4" rather the evo enforcer4". My next question would be the drive shaft. I was told today that since I run a 6 speed manual. Is it enough to run stock or do I have to chance it the je reel 1310? I also have the dana30.

Last edited:

1yellowjk

Hi. I've been 4x4 for a while and I figure it's about time to add some flex! I've been looking into the rc 4 inch lift w/ the n2.2 shocks. Has anyone used this lift kit? If so, what is your likes and dislikes.
Also if any has any helpful pointers, be my guest!

I had the RC 3.5 Lift w/the 2.2 shocks and it was JUNK! The shocks blew out after 6 months and 1 mild wheeling trip, and I do mean mild. The springs started to sag within the first year. I also purchased their dual streering stabalizer when I purchased the lift kit, both shocks on the sterring stab blew out with the year as well.

This was on my 08 JKU Auto. You can PM me if you want anymore details, but I would stay far away from RC, but it only takes one time for me to be burned before a company is dead to me.

Tyler02

I bought the rough country 2.5in coil spring lift with 2.2 shocks. I can say that the shocks are horrible. They rode great at first but then all the oil leaked out of them out and now the ride is horrible. The spring so far I think have been ok I can't tell if they are starting to sag or if I just got used to it being lifted.

bl17z90

I know a guy who has their 3" kit on his jku and the springs started sagging after 3 months.

Blknblujeep

Thank you for all the input. After reading this and doing one last check. I've decided to shell out the extra cash and get the 4" evo enforcer!!!!

Last edited:

Punisher

I have the 4 inch kit on my unlimited, its been on it for about a year and havent had a problem yet. I dont go out wheeling as much as I want but when I do I am pretty hard am my jeep. I did however have to add a 1 inch spacer up front but that was because I hate the rake the Jk's have plus the weight of my front bumper helped.

Spartan

You would be better off With the EVO lift. I haven't had an EVO lift, but I know a lot of people love them, and the guys from EVO that I have seen on the boards seam like good guys. I had a Teraflex lift that I love, so you could check them out as well. Bottom line is you get what you pay for, and I would rather wait a little long to get a good lift that will last. Then to some crapy lift just because I didn't want to wait.

1BAMFR

I run the RC 3.5" lift w/ Bilstein shocks and AEV hi-Steer kit....I have never had an issue with anything.

suicideking

Good choice on the Evo. I have their 4" springs and love them.

I've never heard anything good about RC, definintely avoid.

Top Bottom