steering box noise

desertrunner

I started noticing a clunk noise while making slow turns to the right. from what i have read this could be my steering box going bad and im running 37s so i really wouldnt be all that surprised. How do i get in there to check things out and what should i be looking for if something is going bad?

one check you can do is to try and turn your steering wheel in either direction and see how much the steering wheel moves befor the wheels do. If the wheels more as soon as the steering wheel does then you can rule out your steering box. another check is to put your front axle on jack stands and have someone move your steering wheel while you look, listen and feel if there is anything loose or binding. Lastly with the front axle on still on jack stands check the rotation of your axle u-joints and to see if your wheels are making contact with anything.

Hope this helps out.

R/
Will

desertrunner

Ok thank you i will start checking those out
I only hear the noise on the road at slow speeds turning right like into a parking space and i checked to make sure my trackbar bolt wasnt loose that was all good but ill give some of those a try and see if i can hear anything else
Thanks! :thumb:

Top Bottom