Tire Rack Help

TheRoyalDoyle

Looking for suggestions on a tire rack for 2013 JKU. Looking for something will mount gas cans along with a winch. Suggestions would be much apperciated along with links or pics installed if you could! Looking for good quality. Would hate to get stranded out in the middle of no where without gas ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
LOD makes a nice rear bumper with rotopax or jerry can mounts. As for a winch you would need a custom one or a hitch mounted removable one.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOD makes a nice rear bumper with rotopax or jerry can mounts. As for a winch you would need a custom one or a hitch mounted removable one.

What he said. We've run the old style LoD in the past and it served us well...

main.php

bl17z90

I can see the value in a rear winch but then again it usually makes sense to put your most capable rigs in the front and rear so someone should always be able to help you pull back or forward if needed.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If you are looking for full width, the top choices are LOD, AEV, Expedition One and Shrockworks. None are cheap and shrockworks has a 6+ month wait.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The LOD acually really drew my attention. Looks solid. A rear winch would be nice, BUT costly ;)

You can get a hitch mount winch and put it in and out when needed. I think a member here has it. (White JKU from Canada) I've used them in the past and yet work well.

bl17z90

anyone have any detailed shots of the or fab carrier on their jeep? I know Frank had one on his old rig but I was curious to see some different shots of how it all worked and mounted to the jeep

GCM 2

anyone have any detailed shots of the or fab carrier on their jeep? I know Frank had one on his old rig but I was curious to see some different shots of how it all worked and mounted to the jeep

Here is my old set up with the original OR Fab "gerry can" model, if I had to do it over I would have purchased the newer Rotopax model which sits closer to the tailgate. And sitting closer is was my only complaint with the gerry can model, the tire just sat too far out and affected the departure angle in many situations. Other than that, the OR fab carrier was actually really stout for as spindly as it looks. I ran a 40" spare for almost 2 years (many times with 10 gals of extra fuel/water and a hilift jack) with zero problems.

Here's a couple when I had 35" BFG's

image-3385887840.jpg

image-815594894.jpg

Here's some with a 40" spare

image-2864717089.jpg

Attachments

• image-2454323244.jpg
    image-2454323244.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3556439048.jpg
    image-3556439048.jpg
    447.6 KB · Views: 73