Air bag red light on,, after a sortie

la petite fumee

Hi to all,

My name is raymond and just came back from Raush Creek PA for 4 days of riding.

On my last day, the red light for the airbag went on intermittently. It came on and off on the trail while on low gear. The trail was very wet, with many water holes going up to the tires.

Got back to Montréal, and cleaned the 2010 rubicon JK, and the engine with high pressure manual wash to then go through the border.

Since wash up, the light is constantly on.

My question,

1. has the jk a history with air bag ?
  2. Is it difficult to get the codes, and do a diagnostic ?
  3. Is the system prone to faillure because of moisture ?
  4. Anything I should look for before heading to the dealer ?
  5. Any schematic, wiring diagram, or tech write-up available on the web ?
    And where are the E modules located in the engine bay ?

thanks to all, and PS, You guys do have a very nice park, It was a pleasure visiting you,

ray

Last edited:

Moochie

Anytime the air bag light is on, it could possibly be a clock spring problem. Does your horn and cruise control still work OK?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It could still be a bad clock spring. You should check the wire connections under the front seats also. I've read that a loose connection here can also cause the air bag light to come on.

Yup, that's what I was about to say as well.

la petite fumee

So I got the error code out today,,, BIB06

The littérature gives:
B1B05 ‐ DRIVER AIRBAG SQUIB 2 CIRCUIT HIGH
B1B06 ‐ DRIVER AIRBAG SQUIB 2 CIRCUIT OPEN
B1B07 ‐ DRIVER

Does this say that the igniter on the air bag is at fault ?

What should I do ?

ray

DJCFHB

I had the same problem when i broke my steering box. Swapped out boxes on the trail to get me home, horn and cruise control worked but clock spring was still bad. Took it to the dealer for service and got it fixed under warranty.

In the two door jk i had previously the airbag light was on and the dealer said they " recalibrated it" and the light went away.

Last edited:
Top Bottom