Lift help!

noroad

So i have been reading and reading about what lift i want, I have it down to a 4 link for the flex and I was thinking rubicon express 4 link long arm 4.5 or 5.5? My question is that I cant find anyone that has a jk rubicon express 4 link long arm in any of the sizes, can someone shine a light on if I should pull the trigger on this lift or not?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a reason why you want to go with Rubicon Express? Also, are you planning on running 37's or bigger? Because, 4.5"-5.5" is a LOT of lift and unless you're planning on running big tires, I might recommend that you go with something a bit shorter. Just to give you an idea of things, I run about 4.5" of lift to clear 40x15.50's on my white JK and 3.5" to clear 37's on my dozer JK.

noroad

Is there a reason why you want to go with Rubicon Express? Also, are you planning on running 37's or bigger? Because, 4.5"-5.5" is a LOT of lift and unless you're planning on running big tires, I might recommend that you go with something a bit shorter. Just to give you an idea of things, I run about 4.5" of lift to clear 40x15.50's on my white JK and 3.5" to clear 37's on my dozer JK.

I was thinking 37s to start then 40s after some more upgrades thats why I was thinking so big, leaving room for 40s one day. But it sounds like a 4.5 is the right one? I was thinking rubicon express for a couple reasons, #1, they have new joints that seem to be doing OK #2 Teraflex is a ton of welding and im ok at it but not a pro #3 It is a front and rear 4-link as rock krawler has a three in the back unless you go with short arms. #4 rough country is what says rough #5 full traction and clation I just dont know.

I am open to all ideas i just want a long arm with great flex that can roll with the punchs. As well as give me 37s and room to grow so im not wasting money. (I know i bought a Just Empty Every Pocket)

Last edited:

noroad

Anyone else have some input, all is taken wheather good or bad, I would take any info before i drop 3G's please and thank you.

Army_Vet

Banned
Anyone else have some input, all is taken wheather good or bad, I would take any info before i drop 3G's please and thank you.

Don't forget to budget in the gears and lockers. The 37's are great if you have the gears to push them. Also if your going to do the trails you see in the W.A.L. movies, dont forget the strain on stock axles that 37's will add. I dont have the experience with this lift your looking for, just wanted to put a few more thoughts in your head to consider

noroad

Don't forget to budget in the gears and lockers. The 37's are great if you have the gears to push them. Also if your going to do the trails you see in the W.A.L. movies, dont forget the strain on stock axles that 37's will add. I dont have the experience with this lift your looking for, just wanted to put a few more thoughts in your head to consider

I have plans for regaring (5.13s) and a dana 44 up front I am just stock my basement till its all ready to go in sometime in Aug/sept. but I need to find the lift then build around that.

Army_Vet

Banned
I have plans for regaring (5.13s) and a dana 44 up front I am just stock my basement till its all ready to go in sometime in Aug/sept. but I need to find the lift then build around that.

Thats cool, sounds like you're on top of things, but sorry i have no experience with the lift you're asking about

noroad

Thats cool, sounds like you're on top of things, but sorry i have no experience with the lift you're asking about

Its ok, what are you running for a lift? I like to do a ton or research before pulling the trigger as i made the mistake of getting a rough country lift on my last jeep and it was ok for 10 min rides lol.

noroad

Get an EVO kit & long arm setup!

I havent really done any looking at them untill you said this i looked at write up looks like a solid lift, but did you get this lift and move to coilovers after using this lift or did you have to buy another whole lift.

Army_Vet

Banned
Its ok, what are you running for a lift? I like to do a ton or research before pulling the trigger as i made the mistake of getting a rough country lift on my last jeep and it was ok for 10 min rides lol.

Im still stock on the JK, other lifts were for other 4x4's. not Jeeps. Just research like you have been doing. I will not be going as extreme as you are. After consideration I have decided that i do not need to go over 35's with a 2.5 in lift on my JK as a daily driver.

Maybe someday years from now

noroad

Im still stock on the JK, other lifts were for other 4x4's. not Jeeps. Just research like you have been doing. I will not be going as extreme as you are. After consideration I have decided that i do not need to go over 35's with a 2.5 in lift on my JK as a daily driver.

Maybe someday years from now

Big or small its still a jeep, i just have plans to run out west to hit some bucket list trails thats why i want 37s.

Top Bottom