Evo Rear Corner Armour

Rusty

Hey Jk'ers I have a question concerning these rear corner armour.. Does anyone know if there is a backup / turn / brake light combo that fits this? If not I'll have to wire something up because by law in Quebec you need at least one automatic back up light..

Thanks!

I haven't found a set yet. We have the same law here in CA. Haven't been hassled yet though...most people wire separate lights I believe.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Turn and brake are all in the same light. Back up will need to be done with something else. I hooked up a pair of Ridged Duallys to take care of that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a pic of what we did....

main.php

sean.m.adams33

I was wondering the same when I purchased mine. These were all I could find when I was looking.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372834401.780933.jpg
I personally am not running them and am not sure who makes them. They weren't for me though.

Turn and brake are all in the same light. Back up will need to be done with something else. I hooked up a pair of Ridged Duallys to take care of that.

I saw moby's at ORE and thought about doing that. I was thinking about a couple of the Walmart burner lights to save some $. I have the d2's in front are they overkill for rear?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I saw moby's at ORE and thought about doing that. I was thinking about a couple of the Walmart burner lights to save some $. I have the d2's in front are they overkill for rear?

BIG TIME overkill :D

A pair of Walmart Platinum Burners would do the job just fine and for cheap :yup:

JK12

Don't they make a diffused version too? I don't know if that will help for a back up light but I'm sure it could

GCM 2

I think the choices below fall into two different categories and fill two different needs. Both will keep you legal, if thats even necessary. So start with what your intended use is and make a decision from there;

A) This option visually signals to others your intention of reversing, and more importanly it allows the driver of the jeep to actually illuminate a huge area when reversing in very limited lighting conditions offroad.

B) This option seems to only alert others that you are going to be backing out of some parking space at in a shopping center. They do look good though. There is no way it can come close to performance of option A.

View attachment 38367

Rusty

Thanks, seeing as I've been thinking about adding the tire carrier to it as well so I think I'm going to do option #1... I already have lights in my LOD rear bumper but... seeing as I gotta sell the LOD first... time to start shopping for a new rear stubby.. I was looking at the prototype Evo rear bumper but there is no ETA on it.. so the other option it not sell the LOD remove the carrier, cut of the swing pole, and cap it.. send to get re-powder coated seeing as it was a full width cut down to a stubby as well.. that'll probably be the better option that way i don't have to shell out another 600$ for a bumper on top of the carrier and corners... hmmm

:thinking:

GCM 2

.... so I think I'm going to do option #1...
:thinking:

Even with option #1, you don't have to go with the most expensive option initially. There are a ton of cheap (price, not necessarily quality) options for spot/fog lights that can be used in place of the Rigid D2's or Rigid SRM's. The Rigids are the industry quality standard, but they are also they industries highest priced. Save some of that dough if you have to and visit an auto parts/Walmart/Harbor freight store. Good luck and keep us posted with what you decide on, you may come up with an option no one has tried yet :thumb:

Rusty

Will do... I think it'll be cheaper for me to cut down my present bumper... I'll scope that out when I fly home at the end of the month.. remove the carrier and see how much of a pain it would be to make it into "just a bumper", and from there the lights in the LOD are too powerful to use as back up lights blind the heck out of anyone driving up behind me.. so try and figure out another option I'll see what my favorite light manufacture has to offer and go from there.. :cool:

Edit:
Just found these.. it might work out... bolt one of these each side.. somehow..
HIL-DL3W_main.jpg

Last edited:

Tcdawg

ORO lite dots. All lights in one. Fits the EVO hole in their corner armor...with a little bracket work. I run them and they work great. Very clean looking and bright.

8c93a74e-d037-43a9-8f03-5d2b07a44741.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run ORO's on my TJ and, while I liked the way they look, I found them to lose LED very quickly. In fact, I see this on just about every Jeep that has them after some use. I personally wouldn't recommend them based on my experiences with them.

GCM 2

I've run ORO's on my TJ and, while I liked the way they look, I found them to lose LED very quickly. In fact, I see this on just about every Jeep that has them after some use. I personally wouldn't recommend them based on my experiences with them.

Yep, back when I was building up my TJ, these were the must have LEDs. Truthfully, LEDs were pretty new to the market in this application and as cool as I thought they looked, they just weren't that bright for stop or reverse lights. I ended up going to a Flying J truck stop and bought some that were ridiculously cheap and a hell of a lot brighter (stop light only though)

biggy

Yep I know a couple guys who use them and they have lost leds as well. They havn't had any luck getting replacements from ORO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom