K@N air filter whistle?

bwittter24

Ever since I have installed mine I have a whistle at a range from 1500 to 2000 rpm. Does anyone else have this issue? And we're you able to fix it?

Ben-0

I have an aem, it also whistled until I put the viper throttle body on and it stopped completely, I also believe if you put I tb spacer in it will stop...that's just what I've heard tho

Devallee

I've also heard a throttle body spacer will stop it. I have a Banks CAI and it whistles as well, but I couldn't justify buying the TB spacer just to get rid of the sound (since I've heard performance wise they're useless) and actually have grown to like it :thumb:

Tranquillity

I can't figure how a TBS will stop the sound ? And when I had my CAI I bought a TBS to get a whistling sound lol ! Dunno if it's the same whistle as you guys are getting. But my tbs definitively amplified the whistling.

Lil Nasty

I've also heard a throttle body spacer will stop it. I have a Banks CAI and it whistles as well, but I couldn't justify buying the TB spacer just to get rid of the sound (since I've heard performance wise they're useless) and actually have grown to like it :thumb:

Banks here and I have the same thing. I almost went back to stock to get rid of the sound. I'm learning to live with it. Most days I'm fine....

xflstl

Glad I read this thread, ever since I got my Jeep back from BOR with the Hemi I have been hearing this whistle sound. Now I can stop wondering what it is or if it is something bad!!!!

rich67

Caught the Bug
I had a CAI and just a K&N drop in on my previous vehicle. Both whistled until I oiled them properly. Not sure if that will help solve your issues, but it's worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

Aeraun

I have an AFE CAI and at those rpm ranges with a certain amount of throttle I have a sort of whistle/air sucking sound. Tbh I think it almost sounds like a quiet turbo and I actually quite like it. I have no problems with it so I think that they are supposed to do that. So if your worried about there being an issue I'd say you are good, but as for liking or disliking the sound that's up to you if you want to get rid of it.

Devallee

I don't think it's too terrible..I mean with all the other sounds my jeep makes (squeaks, wind, tires, etc) I hardly notice the whistle anymore haha

TexasJC

I have the air raid, and the whistle. Between that and the exhaust drone, just got use to the noise.

Top Bottom