Back space question

Cajun JK

I have a 2012 Jk 2 door still stock. I am looking at a set of wheels that are 17x9 with -12 back spacing. Is that enough back space?
Thanks
Don

Atch

This should help. -12 offset on a 17x9 appears to be 4.5 backspacing. It will be enough for stock or a modest lift. Once you start going taller or running wide tires most people run 3.5 backspacing.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372943327.939775.jpg

GCM 2

On a side note....

We have two forum members with nearly identical names.....

Cajun JK vs CajunJK :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 2012 Jk 2 door still stock. I am looking at a set of wheels that are 17x9 with -12 back spacing. Is that enough back space?
Thanks
Don

As Atch said, what you're looking at is "offset", not back spacing. With what you're looking at, 4.5" of back spacing will get the job done but, if it were me, I would recommend something closer to 3.5"-4" especially if you're planning on running big tires like a 37x12.50.

We have two forum members with nearly identical names.....

Cajun JK vs CajunJK :crazyeyes:

LOL!! Now that you mention it :crazyeyes:

bl17z90

If you love the wheels too much to not grt them the. You can add spacers for a little more space.

Cajun JK

Thanks for the feedback. I may just get them. I'm not looking at lifting it anytime soon so that will work. We don't rock crawl with it so I don't need to go taller.

another backspacing question

I have a 2013 jkur with stock rims and wheel spacers, spydertrac 1.5, and running km2 35x12.50r17.
My questions are for these rims.
Here is the link. http://www.prestigeautotechcorp.com/bsv-190.aspx

After selecting the following options, WS-17, WW-9, N of H-5, PCD-127, my options for offset are -12,0,12.
1) Should I keep the wheel spacers on and if I do, which offset do I select?
2) Should I sell the wheel spacers for cheap on the forum and which offset do I select?

I really want the ATX slabs but my wife hates them.:eek: After a compromise with my wife :icon_crazy:, she liked the above rims. :mad:

Last edited:

ponyrt

It's much easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Gotta buy what feels right to you. Guess ill be getting divorced soon..

It's much easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. Gotta buy what feels right to you. Guess ill be getting divorced soon..

That is crazy you said that. I used to live that life style many years ago and it got me is a shit load of trouble...fun as hell but I'm a pussy now. I do want the slabs and deserve them. I will talk to her again.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ponyrt

Good luck with that.. Women can be manipulative at times.. You want that.. OK.. I want this then.. And now I have kids.. Damn jeep.. Just empty every pocket =jeep

krmayo

So with a -12 offset will have the tires/rims stick out an inch? That's what I was looking to get for my 2014 Sahara, and with 35x12.50x17 tires. Should that be okay?

Spartan

As Atch said, what you're looking at is "offset", not back spacing. With what you're looking at, 4.5" of back spacing will get the job done but, if it were me, I would recommend something closer to 3.5"-4" especially if you're planning on running big tires like a 37x12.50. QUOTE]

So If I'm going to run one of the EVO lifts on a JKUR with 35's or 37's then I should look for wheels with 3.5-4 back spacing? I was thinking about running the ATX Crawls again, but they only have 4/5 back spacing if I remember right.

Spartan

And now I have kids.. Damn jeep.. Just empty every pocket =jeep

Just empty every pocket =jeep...That's right but the dang kids make it so you have less in pockets. That is until you get your tax return. Then kids help you get more money forJeep mods. :beer:

Top Bottom