Bare bumpers

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
What should I use to paint/coat my bumpers.
I was thinking rustolium frame paint.
Any ideas?

LIKEITHIGH

if ur talking bout the plastics covering the bumbers, u best wipem down with viniger first ,cause thats the only way i could get anything to stick to that plastic, didnt matter what kind of primer for plastic paint i used it all cracked and didnt stick till a friend who builds racecars told to use viniger.

LIKEITHIGH

duhh , im a dumb*#% sorry just noticed ur title said bare bumpers. scuff up nice and good and use a sandable filler primmer followed by ur finishing paint color and maybe a clear coat on last , and u should be good.

jeeeep

Hooked
I used duplicolor bedliner:

scuff up your bumper, not aggressive
clean it off with some acetone or similar, use white cloth you'll be able to see when the bumper is clean
After it's clean go over it with some tack cloth
hang it where you can reach it easily to paint
spray with 2-3 coats of self etching primer, don't apply heavy coats, use several light coats - let it dry between coats
spray with bedliner on or your paint choice, several light coats- let it dry between coats.

do good prep work and your paint job will stick better.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I used duplicolor bedliner:

scuff up your bumper, not aggressive
clean it off with some acetone or similar, use white cloth you'll be able to see when the bumper is clean
After it's clean go over it with some tack cloth
hang it where you can reach it easily to paint
spray with 2-3 coats of self etching primer, don't apply heavy coats, use several light coats - let it dry between coats
spray with bedliner on or your paint choice, several light coats- let it dry between coats.

do good prep work and your paint job will stick better.

Thanks, I will probably just run a primer then just a flat black.

Top Bottom