3. CHARLES GRAHAM from West Virginia
4. DAVE ROBERTS from Colorado
5. FRANK and BRENDA HANSEN from San Marcos, California
6. MICHAEL GREENE from Reno, Nevada
7. MIKE NOLTING from Yellowknife, Canada

MTG

Caught the Bug
Nope. :(

Too much vacation time already scheduled/planned this year. Hoping for 2013.

MTG

Caught the Bug
MTG said:
Nope. :(

Too much vacation time already scheduled/planned this year. Hoping for 2013.

Yep. :)

Changed my mind and just applied.

Not 100% sure I can make it, if I am even selected, but figured I better apply and find out details before ruling it out. Of course, I didn't think I'd make Moab until next year either.

Did anyone else have trouble uploading a picture on the application? I ended up just emailing one.

mackey

Signed up and ready to go

I signed up and am ready to go. Got all the modifications done and am ready to put the Jeep to the test

Mechengineer2

Signed up last fall after you guys were here in Colorado. Fingers crossed. Such a bummer watching everybody roll out on what I knew would be an epic trip. Sounds like Mel will have a LONG, LONG list of candidates to choose from.

Tim

Can any jk apply or i need to be highly modified

pretty sure anyone can apply, but they will only select the rigs that are best suited for the trails. I think most of the Jeeps on the last one had at least 37" tires, tow points front and rear, winch, etc.

GCM 2

so its a no go for me lol thanks tho

pretty sure anyone can apply, but they will only select the rigs that are best suited for the trails. I think most of the Jeeps on the last one had at least 37" tires, tow points front and rear, winch, etc.

You know, there was a guy who participated in last years JKX main event in Colorado who took the opposite route of building up a rig than what most people take. He had a Hemi V8 installed, an aftermarket front bumper, 37" Falken's, minimal lift and that's about it. By the time he completed the last day in Billing's Canyon his JK was seriously beat to crap. The exhaust had been broken somwhere near a catalytic converter or the exhaust manifold :)thinking: not sure) from all the rock gardens he drug the underside through. Since he had no rock sliders, his lower door sills were destroyed! When it was all over, it probably cost him more in repairs than it would have buying minimal body and drive train protection. Do it right, build from the ground up :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You know, there was a guy who participated in last years JKX main event in Colorado who took the opposite route of building up a rig than what most people take. He had a Hemi V8 installed, an aftermarket front bumper, 37" Falken's, minimal lift and that's about it. By the time he completed the last day in Billing's Canyon his JK was seriously beat to crap. The exhaust had been broken somwhere near a catalytic converter or the exhaust manifold :)thinking: not sure) from all the rock gardens he drug the underside through. Since he had no rock sliders, his lower door sills were destroyed! When it was all over, it probably cost him more in repairs than it would have buying minimal body and drive train protection. Do it right, build from the ground up :thumb:

:cheesy: it was painful to watch wasn't it :crazyeyes:

RDE2ROK

I would love to do this but the scheduling of time off would have to be way in advance for me. I have been going on wheelin trips like crazy this last mo.and have probably tapped out my funds for a long while.:grayno:

Top Bottom