Running without axle shaft.

xflstl

Can driving without a front axle shaft or stub shaft cause cruise control and remote start to not function... Trying to figure out if the wheel sensor can tell if there is no shaft on the front?

Both cruise and remote start functioned properly, until I broke a u-joint smucked up the stub shaft and removed them so I could drive home.

Any unit bearing masters out there that can tell for sure if this problem would be related or pure chance?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Running without a shaft will not effect your cruise control or otherwise. Your speed sensor reads a tone ring located on your unit bearing. If you mucked up your stub shaft, it may have damaged it.

xflstl

Running without a shaft will not effect your cruise control or otherwise. Your speed sensor reads a tone ring located on your unit bearing. If you mucked up your stub shaft, it may have damaged it.

No visible damage to the unit bearing, and the stub shaft well the damage to it was simply to the u-joint (ear) area. Getting it hooked up to a scan tool tomorrow, guess I will wait and see what it says. :)

GCM 2

It might be a bad wheel speed sensor (the piece that has the magnet that reads the tone ring). It could be something as simple as the sensor's tolerance (distance) from the tone ring was changed.

xflstl

It might be a bad wheel speed sensor (the piece that has the magnet that reads the tone ring). It could be something as simple as the sensor's tolerance (distance) from the tone ring was changed.

Ya I was thinking that as well, maybe it didn't get put back in correct / tight enough or something...

xflstl

Go figure clock spring needs replaced, and the hood sensor was loose......

Problems solved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom