2.5 BB Advice

theleesullivan

Thinking about giving my 2012 stock JKU a 2.5 BB. Need to know which one is best for me and economical. It's my everyday vehicle and will be doing some mild offroading considering I live in LA. Ive been looking at the TeraFlex BB's but I dont know which I need. The one with shock adapters, the one with shocks, or the ones without shocks. What is best for an everyday vehicle and would also like to fix the JK's rake. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Being that economical is a factor, I would just get the basic kit with shock adapters.

mrmet1983

Thinking about giving my 2012 stock JKU a 2.5 BB. Need to know which one is best for me and economical. It's my everyday vehicle and will be doing some mild offroading considering I live in LA. Ive been looking at the TeraFlex BB's but I dont know which I need. The one with shock adapters, the one with shocks, or the ones without shocks. What is best for an everyday vehicle and would also like to fix the JK's rake. Thanks

My brother has the rough country 2.5" lift with coils and shocks and loves it and it very fairly priced

2013 JKUR 4" Enforcer lift w/ 35" fierce attitude MTs , RR modular front bump w/ warnvr8k

jkrossi

Ill be taking off my BB if your interested. But you will need to get the break relocation brackets. Bump stops and track bar relocation bracket. I can sell you the shock extentions and lift pucks.

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm not the lift guru but twice now I've seen where new shocks have allowed enough droop that a spring popped out and a drive shaft boot tore. They were both 2 or 2.5 inch lifts. I am assuming that is why EVO has there shocks built specific to their lifts . But I may be just making an Ass out of myself.
I should note that I was under the impression that the boot wasn't a problem until 3" on automatics.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm not the lift guru but twice now I've seen where new shocks have allowed enough droop that a spring popped out and a drive shaft boot tore. They were both 2 or 2.5 inch lifts. I am assuming that is why EVO has there shocks built specific to their lifts . But I may be just making an Ass out of myself.
I should note that I was under the impression that the boot wasn't a problem until 3" on automatics.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

The boot is a problem if you have too much droop. If you put longer shocks on it stock you could hit the boot. Although it normally isn't a problem until after 3 inches.

RockyJk

The boot is a problem if you have too much droop. If you put longer shocks on it stock you could hit the boot. Although it normally isn't a problem until after 3 inches.

Yup I've got bilsteins and I ripped my front driveshaft boot with a 2 inch lift :what: 1373083319012.jpg

Tackerdown

Banned
That's where I get confused . I would think if you order a lift 2 - 2.5 inch they wouldn't give you shocks that would allow this. I would think they would inform you that you should address other issues before they sell it to you. I can't believe that they don't know what could happen if the shocks are to long. This is why I did the spacers with shock extensions. Thanks to all you guys on here I figured this out before hand.

Tom & Dee
EVO 4G WAYALIFE.

jkrossi

Yea I believe it was 2-4 or something like that and its an 07 2 door auto

Ok I just installed bilstiens on my four door auto and I had the shock extentions and the bilsteins are the exact same lenght as the stock shock with the extention on it. The bilstien was actually a tad shorter. I have had no drive line issues but that could be the difference from a 2 door from a 4 door but im thinking the.front of a jeep should be the.same. its.the back thats longer.

RockyJk

Ok I just installed bilstiens on my four door auto and I had the shock extentions and the bilsteins are the exact same lenght as the stock shock with the extention on it. The bilstien was actually a tad shorter. I have had no drive line issues but that could be the difference from a 2 door from a 4 door but im thinking the.front of a jeep should be the.same. its.the back thats longer.

Mine was cool until I disconnected my sway bar lol

Spartan

I ran the Teraflex 2.5 BB for years. ran it with stock Rubicon tires, and 35" KM2 I did a ton of trails in Moab with both set ups. I had it on a 2010 Rubicon JKU. I got the kit with the extensions because I didn't have any problem with the stock Rubicon shocks. BB's in general aren't the greatest lifts, but the Teraflex 2.5 BB is a great little kit if you on a small budget. It's even better if you get flat fenders or chop your stock fenders.

Top Bottom