Seat belt chime...

robx251

Caught the Bug
Die anyone know how to turn the darn thing off? When i wheel i don't usually have my belt bucked, never have unless I'm in really tricky spots where rollover is possible. Anyway. It annoys the hell outta me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blknblujeep

Look in ur owners manual. There is a sequence involved. I did mine and the hardest part was finding it in the jeep manual.

LSM

"NOTE:
The following steps must occur within the first 60 seconds of the ignition switch being turned to the ON or START position.

The manufacturer does not recommend deactivating the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert).

1. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position, and buckle the driver’s seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACCESSORY/RUN position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE:
Although the Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) has been deactivated, the Seat Belt Warning Light will continue to illuminate while the driver’s seat belt remains unfastened."

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah wear your seatbelt. Just because you don't think anything will happen doesn't mean it won't. Think smarter.

Top Bottom