right ring and pinion ratios

jeep4227

Hi all
Am confused what right ring and pinion ratios should I go with 33" tires in my jk 2013 unlimited 6 speed as it's my DD and am doing most sand crossing and little mountains????!

billybob990

Well I don't own a jk yet but i can tell you what everyone will say lol. Don't change gears the 3.6 has plenty of power just get a procal. 33's is really that much of a difference.

I'd rather be fishing...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What gear ratio are you running now? You just may need to get your speedometer calibrated.

jeep4227

Sorry but I couldn't find any thing about what ratios I had as stock
What it the difference??
Do I can go with 4.10,4.56 or 4.88???
Any advice???

Sent from my LT26i using WAYALIFE mobile app

StrizzyChris

Do you already have 33's and are unhappy with its performance? I really, in 100% seriousness think that you will be more than happy with your Jeeps performance unless you are in extreme altitudes.

Secondly, if you are wanting to upgrade to 35's or larger later, then you'll probably want to upgrade to a 4.10 to 5.14 gearing later depending on tire size you choose.

Personally, an ideal gearing FOR ME on 33's running manual and still wanting decent RPMs on the highway would be 3.73 or at most 4.10. BUT I also don't run in high altitude areas.

Only way you will know is to run what you have and decide what your driving style and conditions dictate that you need. Being a manual I stress this even more.

Edit: I'm running 4.10 gears on my 3.6L automatic running 35" nitto muds and have PLENTY of power to spare.

Last edited:

Robar

The Enforcer
I'm running 4.10 gears on my 3.6L automatic running 35" nitto muds and have PLENTY of power to spare.

I'm running 4.10 hears and 35" tires with my 3.6L automatic and have plenty of power also. After correcting the computer for the new tire size I can't even notice a power loss, like I did with my 3.8L in my '07.

Sorry but I couldn't find any thing about what ratios I had as stock
What it the difference??
Do I can go with 4.10,4.56 or 4.88???
Any advice???

3.73 should be good enough with 33's if that's what you have. I run 35's with 4.10's and have plenty of power. Also think of mpg the lower you go the worse milage you'll get, the 3.6L has plenty of power to run 33's

StrizzyChris

Thanks for your advice
Am planning to go with 4.10

I feel like I'm fighting with you to save you money! Are we married yet? If you have 3.73 from factory, going 4.10 is a TINY change. Probably won't notice much of a difference at all except for MPG change, and likely for the worse. Do you already have the 33's and feel powerless? Do what you want to do, but just giving my :twocents:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I'm running 35's with factory 3.73 and I have the sluggish 3.8 motor and it isn't bad at all. Yes it doesn't have the get up and go but other than that it drives the same as before once I used my procal. If you have 3.73 and the 3.6 you will be fine. I agree with Chris to wait

Sent from my iPhone

jeep4227

Hahaha,
Thanks Chris I do appreciate our advice
The thing am not sure if I do the 3.73!!!
That's way I aske
I will try to run it as it let me see

jmm176

Hahaha,
Thanks Chris I do appreciate our advice
The thing am not sure if I do the 3.73!!!
That's way I aske
I will try to run it as it let me see

If you get a Flashcal it will tell you what ratio you have when you plug it in, and the you can set your speedo correctly if you change tire size.

Top Bottom