Wheeling with kids?

liljohn850

So, as any responsible adult...(I called myself an adult, giggles) I always put the safety of my child and wife first, after my first ever wheeling adventure in the ol' XJ I flopped us on the side...it wasn't but a 6 inch fall really, and it wasn't a steep fall, but still. I tipped over and since then the wife sorta refuses to wheel...I can't reallllly blamer her, but it got me into a newer "safer" JKU! SO that's a win! My concern though, is I'm not the only person in the world with kids, he's 2 and a half and LOVES the jeep, of course I won't do anything that makes me uncomfrotable with him in the jeep, but, what car seats does eveyone use to keep little man from bouncing around. Mainly his upper body. We have a super safe side impact car seat but it kinda blocks his vision and it's clearly not fun to sit in...so it's in the wifes daily. I have a regular ol COSTCO one...

Anyways, what car seats do people use when they moderately wheel. Like I said, I won't do anything crazy, just want something better for the little man.:beer:

JohnXDoe

We have a recaro seat for our son. He seems to love it and it had amazing reviews and some of the highest crash test reviews!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WAYALIFE mobile app

C-Ron

The wife and I have 4 britax convertible car seats and my son has loved every one of em. They're considered some of the safest seats on the market, great side impact protection, and he's always comfortable. The one in my truck and jeep have side impact protection but aren't too extreme so he can enjoy the views. The one in my wife's Denali is the newest model they released and has huge air pockets on the sides for side impacts. It also has a nice feature that will prevent you from over tightening when you strap a child in. He can still see outside but her backseat is obviously larger. He probably wouldn't have a good view f it was in the jeep. They do make another model that has less side protection but still has the feature that prevents over tightening. If you check out the website you can check out all the models. If you're curious which ones I have just let me know and ill go check. Too lazy right now to get up lol.

fjatl

my kids have since grown out of car sets, but we always used Recaro when they were in them

Top Bottom