PDA

View Full Version : No doors thread

socalrubi
04-29-2012, 02:08 AM
I just took off my doors today since socal has had some amazing weather. I personally think jeeps look better without doors. So here's my 03 rubi all scrubbed down and clean.

Soo feel free to post some pics of your jeeps no doors! Lets take of advantage of this beautiful weather we have and welcome summer!

NAUJK
04-30-2012, 02:37 AM

Red one is my brothers, blue one is mine! The big thing in between is his friends (sadly he cant take his doors off! :bleh: ). Ill post one of my jeep up close once I get the pictures downloaded.

CDUB253
04-30-2012, 04:56 AM
Had mine off last weekend but sadly the nice weather went away

JKRay
04-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Im liking this thread, keep the pics coming!! :thumb:

Ill hopefully be taking my doors off this week so Ill post a pic when I do.

socalrubi
05-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Awesome guys! Very nice jeeps!

Here's another pic I just took it out this weekend to do some shooting. I really want to put a lift on it and bigger tires soon!

MTG
05-06-2012, 08:53 PM
Runnin' naked...

The good news is the weather is nice enough to do it, the bad news is that I'm sitting in the office on a Sunday with the weather nice enough to run naked.

moto82mike
05-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I love the doors off.

ZERO LIMITZ
05-06-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm very jealous!!! Living out of hotels sucks during pretty weather!!! No place to put the top, all the storage places here in town are full up.......

Drumr90
05-07-2012, 12:38 AM
I keep showin the wife ur doorless/ topless pics in the hopes of convinsing her that a soft top jeep is what we want.

ichthus
05-07-2012, 03:34 AM
Drumr, a dual-top Jeep is what you want

Drumr90
05-07-2012, 10:29 AM

I though about that idea.

Jeep4me2
05-07-2012, 02:04 PM
The weather has been beautiful out in Southern California, but after 20 minutes under the sun, I feel like I'm being broiled alive. Maybe I'm getting to old.

MTG
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM
The weather has been beautiful out in Southern California, but after 20 minutes under the sun, I feel like I'm being broiled alive. Maybe I'm getting to old.

Dirty dog sun shade. Makes a huge difference!

MTG
05-07-2012, 02:26 PM

X2. Especially if you get nasty weather in the winter.

Drumr90
05-07-2012, 05:21 PM
X2. Especially if you get nasty weather in the winter.

Anywhere from 6 inch to 3 or 4 feet depending on how bad. Ice and sleet alot also.

GCM 2
05-07-2012, 07:27 PM
From our weekend run in AZ, great weather for no doors and some awesome trails for wheeling with no doors!

highoctane
05-07-2012, 08:10 PM
From our weekend run in AZ, great weather for no doors and some awesome trails for wheeling with no doors!

Nice. Can't wait till I'm on 40s. Looks like Florence Junction. Great trails there. I broke my trac bar on Axle Alley, ran H2H with no breakage but I did ding the corners, nothing too major. Have Evo corners going on to fix that.

Jeep4me2
05-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Dirty dog sun shade. Makes a huge difference!

10-4////////////////

GCM 2
05-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Nice. Can't wait till I'm on 40s. Looks like Florence Junction. Great trails there. I broke my trac bar on Axle Alley, ran H2H with no breakage but I did ding the corners, nothing too major. Have Evo corners going on to fix that.

Highway 2 Hell bit me pretty hard. I took a line thru a notch, when I should have taken the bypass :( a little bit of body damage, hopefully Cindy or Eddie will post a few photos of my rig somewhere in a thread of me wedge in this giant v-notch. It sounded way worse than it really turned out, but sheet metal on rocks is always loud when dragging across rocks.

MTG
05-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Highway 2 Hell bit me pretty hard. I took a line thru a notch, when I should have taken the bypass :( a little bit of body damage, hopefully Cindy or Eddie will post a few photos of my rig somewhere in a thread of me wedge in this giant v-notch. It sounded way worse than it really turned out, but sheet metal on rocks is always loud when dragging across rocks.

Sweet pictures! I hope we get another mini-trail report out of this one.

FWIW--I suffered no damage on my Costco run this weekend. :naw:

Hightower
05-07-2012, 09:21 PM

Look'd like a terrific time brother did you talk Mel into a volume discount on our transfer cases? :cheesy::cheesy:

GCM 2
05-07-2012, 09:47 PM
Sweet pictures! I hope we get another mini-trail report out of this one.

FWIW--I suffered no damage on my Costco run this weekend. :naw:

Well Mike, I avoid Costco as much as possible on the weekends.....the senior citizens aimlessly crawling thru the store in search of free food samples leaving carts in the middle of the isle while they graze, the old folks driving with blinders on thru the parking lot and just the rude a'holes in general in the scottsdale costco is dangerous enough. I think you underestimate costco :doh:

Hopefully Eddie and Cindy have time to do a mini photo essay or some in the raw footage. I was rolling solo and the trails were fairly technical, so I did not get a chance to take as many shots as I wanted. But I will share what I have my brother!

Look'd like a terrific time brother did you talk Mel into a volume discount on our transfer cases? :cheesy::cheesy:

Chris, it was awesome for many reasons:
-absolutely gorgeous weather
-epic trails and scenery
-4 almost identically built rigs, Moby had the stick, the rest were autos
-4 very skilled drivers, no bragging here, but having all capable drivers and very capable rigs is what allowed us to cover 7 trails in two days. On day one alone, we covered almost 47 miles of of serious wheeling terrain in 8 hours. At times we were seriously blasting thru the canyons and washes. Only made possible by the ProRock 60's and Double Throw Down suspensions. Like I always say, my rig is only waiting on a better driver to come along.

Edit: just keeping holding your breath and crossing your fingers on the volume Atlas discount. Their website says the 4speeds are under redesign or something :(

Hightower
05-08-2012, 02:06 AM
Well Mike, I avoid Costco as much as possible on the weekends.....the senior citizens aimlessly crawling thru the store in search of free food samples leaving carts in the middle of the isle while they graze, the old folks driving with blinders on thru the parking lot and just the rude a'holes in general in the scottsdale costco is dangerous enough. I think you underestimate costco :doh:

Hopefully Eddie and Cindy have time to do a mini photo essay or some in the raw footage. I was rolling solo and the trails were fairly technical, so I did not get a chance to take as many shots as I wanted. But I will share what I have my brother!

Chris, it was awesome for many reasons:
-absolutely gorgeous weather
-epic trails and scenery
-4 almost identically built rigs, Moby had the stick, the rest were autos
-4 very skilled drivers, no bragging here, but having all capable drivers and very capable rigs is what allowed us to cover 7 trails in two days. On day one alone, we covered almost 47 miles of of serious wheeling terrain in 8 hours. At times we were seriously blasting thru the canyons and washes. Only made possible by the ProRock 60's and Double Throw Down suspensions. Like I always say, my rig is only waiting on a better driver to come along.

Edit: just keeping holding your breath and crossing your fingers on the volume Atlas discount. Their website says the 4speeds are under redesign or something :(
Greg

I haven't read much of anything regarding problems with the 4 spd have you? I wonder whats up?

JKRay
05-08-2012, 03:04 AM

Sweet!! :thumb: Looks like a freakin great time! Someday Ill be there. I hope Eddie post up some pics too. :yup:

nmwranglerx
05-08-2012, 03:27 AM
doorless in Moab, the only way to go :thumb:

http://tomrichardsonart.com/jeepin/doorlessmoab-1.jpg

Drayko88
05-08-2012, 08:29 PM
my JKU Doorless :yup:2137

highoctane
05-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Here's mine. I LOVE living in AZ where I can stay doorless for weeks at a a time. Not possible on the east coast.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/cpltonyusmc/84b8773d.jpg

Been testing out the new homemade mesh bikini top. $22 worth of stuff from Lowes.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q135/cpltonyusmc/ed1ae86e.jpg

Drayko88
05-09-2012, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE="highoctane"]Here's mine. I LOVE living in AZ where I can stay doorless for weeks at a a time. Not possible on the east coast.

I am very jealous of u west coasters for that fact : )

highoctane
05-09-2012, 02:12 AM
I spent the first 29 years of my life on the east coast, and def don't miss it. I doubt I'll ever move back.

Drayko88
05-09-2012, 02:15 AM
I spent the first 29 years of my life on the east coast, and def don't miss it. I doubt I'll ever move back.

If i lived out there i wouldnt either, i have alot if family on the west coast and think its beautiful, unfortunately for the moment im stuck on the east coast but i plan to get out there eventually

JandSJK
05-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Topless in Oregon!!!! Lovin my Jeep

cosmo11
05-17-2012, 05:25 AM
doorless in indiana,, still a stocker, lol the wife is a firm believer in the WARRENTY
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u190/slamin81/2011%20Jeep/DSC02980.jpg

mackey
05-17-2012, 11:13 AM
2270 In Big Bear on the John Bull Trail

NAUJK
06-15-2012, 03:45 PM

Just having fun in the Colorado Sun!

Sharkey
06-15-2012, 04:01 PM
Cool pics. You do know that driving the Jeep up the mountain is easier than pushing it up right?