What do you think is the best JKU suspension/lift and why?

Spartan

Looking for a suspension/lift for the Rubicon JKU that I plan getting this winter. I have had good luck with Teraflex, and I'm leaning towards getting the Teraflex 4im LGC, but I'm open to other options to.

Size- 3 or 4in (no more then 4in)
Use- DD/Rock crawling/Driving down dirt roads with the top off
Price- I'm not rich, but will to pay for something that will last and I will be happy with for years.
Trails-
Moab- Would like to finish all trails. (I have done alot of them, but have been told that I need at least a 4in lift for Kane Creek and Hole in the Rock.)
The Rubicon- Have run part of this trail, and would like to do the rest.(as well as some of the other trails in that area.)
Random other trails on the West coast.

Tire size- Like the 35" tires I had. Not sure what I would gain from 37" tires other then more ground clearance.

Last edited:

Xodius

Banned
I am an OME fan myself. I have installed them in several vehicles and always like the ride and life of them. I only do HD OME lifts though. Some friends of mine love their AEV lifts but I have heard some nah Sayers on forums about them.

JKbrick

I went with all JKS and JSPEC products and am very happy with the quality and ride. They only offer 2" at this time but I got around 3" actual lift.

J-Dub253WA

IMO, All of the OFFROAD EVOLUTION products are very good products. I'm going to start with the 4in enforcer kit and build from there, maybe adding the high clearance long arm and coils down the road. ORE, EVO, EVO-MFG For the Win

Sent from J-Dub253WA's iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app!!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Unfortunately it is a loaded question because most people will respond by saying they love the lift they have (natural response because not many people want to admit they spent their own money only to NOT like the result.) Also, one person's idea of a great ride may seem too harsh, too soft, whatever, to someone else (the Goldilocks effect).

I have driven several different lift configurations on both 2 door and 4 door JK's. I have also personally installed the EVO Enforcer with 2.5 Kings on two JKUR's. Of the lifts I have driven and/or installed, I definitely preferred the Enforcer over the others. Just my :twocents:.

(Note: I'm excluding the super high end EVOlever from my analysis. If I had the money, that's what I would get, probably followed by the EVO DD high clearance longarms with EVO bolt-on coilovers. In the normal budget range though, the Enforcer with 2.5 Kings is tough to beat IMHO)

Last edited:

J-Dub253WA

Unfortunately it is a loaded question because most people will respond by saying they love the lift they have (natural response because not many people want to admit they spent their own money only to NOT like the result.) Also, one person's idea of a great ride may seem too harsh, too soft, whatever, to someone else (the Goldilocks effect).

I have driven several different lift configurations on both 2 door and 4 door JK's. I have also personally installed the EVO Enforcer with 2.5 Kings on two JKUR's. Of the lifts I have driven and/or installed, I definitely preferred the Enforcer over the others. Just my :twocents:.

(Note: I'm excluding the super high end EVOlever from my analysis. If I'd had the money, that's what I would get, probably followed by the EVO DD high clearance longarms with EVO bolt-on coilovers. In the normal budget range though, the Enforcer with 2.5 Kings is tough to beat IMHO)

100% agree Sharkey well said sir! It really does have a lot to do with personal experience and really overall your opinion and what you want.

Sent from J-Dub253WA's iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app!!

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I have had Pro comp, Rancho, and Evo Enforcer kits. This is what I've learned. Ranch lift was on my 07 F250 so thats like comparing apples to zebras. Pro comp rides like a log truck and doesn't flex well in rocks for the price. Im happy with the Evo Enforcer so far. I haven't really stretched it out in the rocks yet, but will re-torque this weekend and really stretch her legs.

I've been running the 3.25 RC for the last three years... Got me where I needed to go to run 35's. it ended up sagging a lot. I'm just now going EVO 4" long arm with front and rear coilovers. Excited to see how it does.... I wouldn't waste my $ on RC ever again... Just my $.02

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What Sharkey said. "Best" is completely subjective and most people will tell you what they chose to buy is the best. The real question you should be asking is, how much are you willing to spend? What kind of ride do you prefer - soft or firm? How will you be using your Jeep - what kind of trails? I have personally installed and run a myriad of lifts made by a variety of manufacturers and lift heights and based on that experience, I personally prefer EVO coil over with their long arms. I personally do not like TeraFlex coils as they tend to be harsh for my taste and I am not a fan of their bushings as they tended to blow out on me all the time. I've also run their foam in a can bump stops and can tell you that they are nothing to write home about. But of course, that's just me.

Simmons

I've been running BDS 3" for the past three years and love it I got it and installed for under $800. BDS made in USA and has lifetime warranty. Can't be happier.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I agree with Sharkey and Wayoflife. It is all subjective.

I have run a body lift (TJ), Budget Boost on sport coils and shocks (Last JK), and now run the EVO Enforcer with Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks. I have driven rigs with Teraflex coils which rode very stiff, not my cup of tea. I have driven a rig with EVO bolt-on coilovers and it kicked ass, but was not in my price range.

I prefer a soft ride and am really impressed with the Enforcer. It was an easy and straightforward install and is WELL worth the price tag IMHO.

My personal recommendation. Get out there, drive your buddies rigs with different suspension setups, or get with other Wayalifers. See what you like and go for it!

rtguy1

I personally prefer EVO coil over with their long arms. .

^this^

the evo spec king coilovers offer insane offroad capability and good performance on the roads. to me my ride is a bit harsh/choppy on some sections of the local freeways but it can't be perfect in all categories. the steering and handling is superb. very well controlled at 80+ mph. i have added caster with my front prorock axle, a high steer kit, and dynatrac ball joints which definitley contribute to these improvements as well. the capability offroad more than makes up for the harshness. i think i will have them custom valved when its time for a shock rebuild. if i was doing it over again i would start out with king coilovers valved to my preferences and set up to my specific vehicle configurations. evo gets them pretty close, but it is IMPOSSIBLE to offer a coilover out of the box that is exactly what everyone wants. it comes down to differences in builds, weight, 2door v 4door, bumpers, coilover mounting positions and angles, etc.

if you cant afford this kinda stuff, I like AEV kits. they work well all around. decent offroad and decent on road. i ran an aev 2.5" kit while saving for my build. it did everything i needed and i never had a single issue with it. the 3.5" kit is better and includes the high steer kit.

havent riden in a rig running the enforcer. seen the setups and it looks good. check out the double d evo kit. its a bit more pricey but also replaces all of the crappy factory arms.

hope this helps

GCM 2

Unfortunately it is a loaded question because most people will respond by saying they love the lift they have (natural response because not many people want to admit they spent their own money only to NOT like the result.)

This is very well said ^^^^

The only thing I will add to what Sharkey has written; "The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a low price fades"

Last edited:

rtguy1

This is very well said ^^^^

The only thing I will add to what Sharkey has written; "The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a low price fades"

i've been down that road before....never again. i just go full bore now...lol

mcpuck

Caught the Bug
The question is “what do you think is the best JKU suspension/lift and why”?

Hands down the BEST is EVO Double Throw Down/EVO lever system. :yup: It gives you unmatched articulation, adjustable ride, and adjustable height. There is nothing on the market that even comes close. :thumb:

Anyone disagree?

Spartan

Thanks for all the input. I agree that Way of Life and Sharky have very good points. While I would like a nice on road ride what I really care about is how it does on dirt roads, and crawling. I updated the post at the top with a list of some of the trails I like to do or would like to do. This isn't a list of all trails, but gives a good idea of the types of trails I plan on running.

EVO has always looked like nice gear, but I have never had the chance to see any of their stuff in person.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the input. I agree that Way of Life and Sharky have very good points. While I would like a nice on road ride what I really care about is how it does on dirt roads, and crawling. I updated the post at the top with a list of some of the trails I like to do or would like to do. This isn't a list of all trails, but gives a good idea of the types of trails I plan on running.

EVO has always looked like nice gear, but I have never had the chance to see any of their stuff in person.

Size- 3 or 4in (no more then 4in)
Use- DD/Rock crawling/Driving down dirt roads with the top off
Price- I'm not rich, but will to pay for something that will last and I will be happy with for years.
Trails-
Moab- Would like to finish all trails. (I have done alot of them, but have been told that I need at least a 4in lift for Kane Creek and Hole in the Rock.)
The Rubicon- Have run part of this trail, and would like to do the rest.(as well as some of the other trails in that area.)
Random other trails on the West coast.

So that it's clear, your lift height should be determined by the tire size you are hoping to run, not buy what say you will need to run a specific trail. For instance, while Kane Creek can be technical toward the end, I can assure you that at the hands of an experienced driver, it can be done in a stock JK with 32" tires.

Having said all that, 4" of lift is A LOT OF LIFT and one that will get you clearing 37" tires with ease. Is that where you are wanting to be?

GCM 2

...Hands down the BEST is EVO Double Throw Down/EVO lever system.... There is nothing on the market that even comes close. :thumb:

Anyone disagree?

A lot of people that don't have our set up will.......:cheesy:

Last edited:
Top Bottom