2012 JKRU - Won't start

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
OK, so today I drove the Jeep around. Parked it in the driveway. Went out to go somewhere and now it won't start. Turns over just fine. Checked all of the fuses and relays and they are all good. Ideas? When it cranks it acts like it wants to start for the first 2 seconds and then nothing.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
Since this is an Auto Trans I moved the lever around and no change. I noticed the clock had reset for some reason. I unhooked the battery now and am letting it sit for 20 minutes to reset the computer. Maybe that will work. Unless someone has a suggestion here it looks like it will be towed to the dealer tomorrow.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
that's odd, don't know if i've ever heard of this before on a 2012. on a 2007 for sure. were you ever able to get it started and if so, have you taken a OBDII reading to see what if any trouble code was given?

MTG

Caught the Bug
My 12 went into limp mode (lights on and wipers going) once, but it started fine. Unplugged battery for a few and it was normal.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
$128.00 That is what the dealer charged me to find that the Throttle Body was stuck close because the aFe tube had slide in to far. FML. It's fine now and runs like a champ. I would have never thought to check that.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
$128.00 That is what the dealer charged me to find that the Throttle Body was stuck close because the aFe tube had slide in to far. FML. It's fine now and runs like a champ. I would have never thought to check that.

well what do you know. thanks for posting that up as it's good information to know.

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
The entire intake system is aftermarket. I have the aFe Scorpion package on the Jeep. It had basically vibrated in because the clamp wasn't tight enough.

Top Bottom