EVO 1/4 Pounder w/ Warn Zeon Winch??

bbailey

Banned
EVO's website says the winch doesn't fit. But the following picture of RESQ1 clearly shows a Zeon winch and a 1/4 Pounder bumper.

resq1.jpg

So what's the secret?? Anyone (Hoping we are simply talking about some minor modifications to the bumper and not modified frame rails)

Thanks!!

Napalm90

EVO's website says the winch doesn't fit. But the following picture of RESQ1 clearly shows a Zeon winch and a 1/4 Pounder bumper.

View attachment 39160

So what's the secret?? Anyone (Hoping we are simply talking about some minor modifications to the bumper and not modified frame rails)

Thanks!!

place winch on top of bumper, measure and cut cut cut

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 39160

Thanks!!

The problem is that most winches sit off center and so the fairlead opening is off center on the bumper as well. The ZEON has a drum that sits centered on the bumper and so, you would have to have a fairlead hole shifted over in order for it to spool and reel properly. I believe this is what was done on the RESQ1 JK.

bbailey

Banned
The problem is that most winches sit off center and so the fairlead opening is off center on the bumper as well. The ZEON has a drum that sits centered on the bumper and so, you would have to have a fairlead hole shifted over in order for it to spool and reel properly. I believe this is what was done on the RESQ1 JK.

Ok, that's what I was hoping. That's a relatively easy fix. Thanks!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That's what I first thought. Looks like the fairlead is centered compared to mine.

Skid_Kid

I know it has been said before, or at least I think it has been, but what winch is on EVO1?

Moochie

oh it isnt... I thought I remember a conversation about it. what is he running in there?

I not sure what model he has. It is a stronger winch than a Powerplant. Mel considers Poweplants better suited for weekend warriors than extreme rock crawlers.

Moochie

I love my Powerplant but, if you are racing in the King of the Hammers race, you need a more durable winch. Powerful with a fast line speed.

Top Bottom