best 2 door lift for 35's with a great ride

OllllO Fanatic

Hey all I have done a bit of searching, but have found mostly 4 door info. I am looking for some advice on a quality lift for my 2 door jk, must be able to put 35's under it, must have a quality ride, and must perform all around offroad. Im NOT looking for cheap, I want quality. You get what you pay for. I have looked at Teraflex 3.5" and Rock Krawler 3.5". Are there any that are better? Other than what would come in both kits is there anything else I would need, like to address drive shaft angles or anything? Let me know what you have and your experience. Thanks.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
3.5" is a lot of lift for only 35's on a 2 door. Also teraflex coils are really stiff and hard.

What type of offroading will you be doing? That's the question that needs to be answered first. Fast in the desert, slow on the rocks, mixed, just highway?

OllllO Fanatic

I will be driving to what ever trail I go down. I prefer rocks, but will be doing some trail, and mud... but I don't care for mud. As far as the 3.5" being more than I need, I was only basing that off of the websites recommendations. Thank you

Last edited:
so OVERLANDERs question was a valid one and it would serve you as to answer it in the best way possible. If you are looking for the best of all worlds, I would say bolt-on coil overs and long arms. This is going to give you the best ride both on and off the road.

Holeshot

Banned
So far, I opted for a cheap lift while I save some money for Evo double D and coil overs, which will be much later in the project (read 2 to 3 years). this way I still can do moderate trails without the high costs.

Mine is a zone offroad 3", very basic lift kit, but rides smooth, could say better than stock coils and 2" spacers. It's certainly not comparable to high end stuff, not even close to a complete mid arm kit, but gets the job done until I saved enough.

OllllO Fanatic

paychex.308 I thought I was answering his question. He asked where I would be offroading. Mostly trails in my current location, but will make trips when possible to Moab and Rubicon and I may end up doing a little high speed but less likely.... And I hope this all isnt coming across like I am being an ass. I am honestly interested in learning. Thank you for your help.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
paychex.308 I thought I was answering his question. He asked where I would be offroading. Mostly trails in my current location, but will make trips when possible to Moab and Rubicon and I may end up doing a little high speed but less likely.... And I hope this all isnt coming across like I am being an ass. I am honestly interested in learning. Thank you for your help.

It's the "trails in your location" part. Too vague.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of the lifts you have been looking at, I would recommend the RK over the TeraFlex. As mentioned, their coils are pretty harsh and tend you yield way more than advertised especially on a 2-door. You easily end up with more than 4.5" of lift and that's way too much for just 35's. If it were me, I would look into an EVO Enforcer kit made for 35's or, if you have more money to spend, add their bolt on coil overs. They are pricey but, they will perform way better than what you have been looking at.

OllllO Fanatic

It's the "trails in your location" part. Too vague.

Ahh Im catchin, sorry a bit slow today. I am east coast. I am pretty close to Uwharrie, altho I have never been. I have just moved from Okinawa Japan and am in NC. As far as exactly what I will be trailing on I cant be exact as I havent been in the US for 3 years. But my future rides consist of Uwharrie, Rauch Creek, and I have read about parks in AL, TN, the Rubicon, and I defiantly want to return to Moab.

dis_dis

Banned
I have a 2.5 x factor RK with fox 2.0 shocks and 35" BFG KM2s and couldn't be happier, the only places my Jeep can't go are the ones I am too afraid to try and it would do fine if it wasn't for the driver.
If you are looking to do a lot of rock crawling I would recommend investing in differential covers, high steer relocation kit and skid plates.
2.5 RK lift gives you about 4" of lift so no need for 3.5 IMO.
GL :thumb:

OllllO Fanatic

I have a 2.5 x factor RK with fox 2.0 shocks and 35" BFG KM2s and couldn't be happier, the only places my Jeep can't go are the ones I am too afraid to try and it would do fine if it wasn't for the driver.
If you are looking to do a lot of rock crawling I would recommend investing in differential covers, high steer relocation kit and skid plates.
2.5 RK lift gives you about 4" of lift so no need for 3.5 IMO.
GL :thumb:

did you install your lift your self?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This is the 3" teraflex flex arm lift with 35's, cut fenders on a 2 door sport.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373507092.614340.jpg

I netted about 4.5" of lift and the only reason I cut the fenders was because I hit them way to much when offroad.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1373507167.596203.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
yea just a thing to remember is that a 2 door will yeild more lift than a 4 door due to weight. so if your looking for 3.5 i would look at a 2.5 or 3" lift. im (hopefully) installing my 2.5" teraflex coil lift this weekend. im sure i will yeild closer to 3" with it tho.

TiciTaci

Banned
Metalcloak has a nice looking 3.5" suspension kit for the 2DR. Can't talk about the entire kit because I chose Bilstein shocks instead but their control arms with Duraflex bushings made a HUGE difference in ride over my stock arms. The improvement in ride was bigger than I expected. I've driven Jeeps with different lifts (Rough Country, Skyjacker, AEV) and this one is my favorite.

If I had to do it again I'd definitely go with their Game Changer Lite kit with their OME shocks.

OllllO Fanatic

Oh and I would also like to add, that whatever lift I buy I want to be able to upgrade in the future if I want to go better. Also what is better 4 link or 3 link? The Rock Krawler long arm kit is a 3 link, is a long arm better? I have so many questions... Also is there any kit that is complete, 100%?

Last edited:

P33J_JK

One reason the 2 door doesn't need nearly as much lift as the 4 door is break over angle. A lower lift is nicer handling on the road and lower center of gravity is nice on the trail. Long arm will ride and flex better but the JK stock "mid" arm configuration is by no means bad if you don't go to big. The stock arms are garbage but the angles aren't.

Top Bottom