35" vs 37"

Spartan

This is what I know so far. The bigger the tire the higher the ground clearance. 37" tires will make some obstacles/Terran easier to go over. A 4" long arm lift is over kill for 35" tires, but a good idea for 37" tires. You MPG will be lower with 37" tires.

If any of this is incorrect please let me know.

I had 35" KM2 tires on my old 2010 Rubi JKU, and had no problems other then the expected loss of MPG. I'm trying to decide if I should start with 37" tires on the 2012+ Rubi JKU that I plan on getting in a few months. I'm interested in know what kind of MPG others are getting with 35" and 37" tires in 2012+ JKU's. How 35" compare to 37" for Hwy driving with stock Rubi gearing, and if it still feels at stable as 35" or if it feels a little "top heavy" or "tippy".

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't get me wrong but, if you're really concerned about MPG, a Jeep may not be the right vehicle for you. Having said that, the bigger tire you go, the more you will lose and if you choose to run M/T's over A/T's, it'll be even worse. Running 37's on my JKU with factory 4.10 gears, I maybe get 14 MPG average. Worse if I drive like I normally do. As far as stability goes with 37', it all depends on how tall you go and what components you install.

Spartan

I agree with you about that. Not really "worried" about MPG, but want to know what I'm getting in to. The more I spend on gas. The less often I can go on trails that take a days drive or more to get to. I was getting 13-14 Hwy/city and could get 16-18 on long Hwy trips to trails. If your getting about the same +/- 2 MPG with the new engine and 37" that's great news. As far as how high I want to go. I want to have enough lift to get full flex with out any problems, and keep my COG as low, so I keep as stable as I can.

Not sure what other questions to ask to help me decide on tire size. I'm now leaning heavy toward an EVO lift, and I like the extra flex you get from the EVOlever, but not sure I want to go with 37" and a 4". Maybe I'm not asking the write questions, or maybe it's just on of those things where you just have to go for it and hope it works out well.

If I'm way off on any of my thinking, asking the wrong questions, or asking to many questions please let me know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom