More Clearance

MontanaCaise

I have '99 Wrangler with a 2 inch spacer lift and Bushwacker flat flares, and I'm running 33's without any clearance issues but I'd like to get more ground and tire clearance. I'm not sure whether I should bump up to a 4 inch lift kit or try to keep a low profile and improve clearance in other ways. If a lift is the way to go, which type and brand of lift would you recommend? Or if you recommend keeping it lower, what are some ways that I could improve clearance? I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions

NatedTJ

I have '99 Wrangler with a 2 inch spacer lift and Bushwacker flat flares, and I'm running 33's without any clearance issues but I'd like to get more ground and tire clearance. I'm not sure whether I should bump up to a 4 inch lift kit or try to keep a low profile and improve clearance in other ways. If a lift is the way to go, which type and brand of lift would you recommend? Or if you recommend keeping it lower, what are some ways that I could improve clearance? I'd appreciate any advice/suggestions

Im doing a LCG build

metal cloaks
2.5 rough country springs
Clayton CA's
35" Goodyear MTRs
Soon bilsteen 5125's

i have others but holding off till i get my stuff in that i already ordered

jeff_in_rc

Look into a tummy tuck, it's where you lift the motor, trans, and t-case, put in a flat t-case mount, a SYE and new drive shaft, and a few more little things. I asked my friends at JPI and they said it makes the bottom of the jeep almost flat giving you much more ground clearence. And for my YJ it would be around $1200-1300. Just throwing out an idea.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Are you planning to stick with 33's? If so, I personally wouldn't go much taller. Definitely not a 4" lift - that is way too much lift.

dhughes

Banned
Are you planning to stick with 33's? If so, I personally wouldn't go much taller. Definitely not a 4" lift - that is way too much lift.

I'd look into doing a tummy tuck skid and raising the gas tank and skid for more clearance. I just like the look of a lower jeep with big tires.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd look into doing a tummy tuck skid and raising the gas tank and skid for more clearance. I just like the look of a lower jeep with big tires.

If he goes with bigger tires, those are beneficial things to do for sure but, you would need to install a 1" body lift in order to do that.

hillybilly

AEV has a highline kit for your TJ that looks pretty interesting. Going by their chart you might be able to squeeze a 35 on with your current lift? Add the tummy tuck as mentioned before and you could have some really good clearance on a relatively stock looking TJ, a "sleeper" if you will! Add some prorock axles for clearance under the axle... Lol, it's so easy to suggest when your not the one forking over the cash, huh? Good luck with your build!

Top Bottom