Jeep leaning! Need help!!!

I went off roading in mexico about a month ago. I hit a huge pot hole and the right front side bottomed out. Next day I noticed that the right side had a lean to it. Last week I installed the teraflex 2.5bb and spydertrax wheel spacers. I was hoping that after loosening the front end and removing the springs that everything would go back to normal. No luck. I checked both front springs and no damage and both were the same height. Maybe I over compressed the front right spring. Need some help in fixing this problem or should I just change his name to Lenny the Jeep. 1373590500912.jpg 1373590515026.jpg 1373590533261.jpg 1373590543348.jpg 1373590554532.jpg

Briguy114

Did you have a full tank of gas at the time that you took these measurements? The difference doesnt look too drastic and it could be something as simple as that

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A passenger side lean on a JK is totally normal and one that will look more exaggerated with a lift. You can install adjustable sway bar links and set them longer on the passenger side to help compensate for this.

Army_Vet

Banned
no definitely not an inch longer. not sure how long, but an adjustable one for sure. I would still check the axle.

if the axle is straight, i would not even bother with a natural lean

I honestly dont see it in your pic's until you put your tape against it

Last edited:
Ok, axle, c's and springs checked visually and with tape measure. Everything measures up. The lean just makes it look odd. Still not changing his name to Lenny. Purchasing evo 4" long arm kit in September and hoping that fixes it.

dahreno

Banned
Mine does the same thing only it's in the rear. I was told I could put a spacer on the low side coil spring but, I never did. Mine is off by 3/4 of an inch. I decided to do nothing.

Maybe you hit a body. :idon'tknow:

what a stupid comment to make!

see unlike in movies and shows you may watch.... when a body is hit by a vehicle or something along the lines of destroying a human body like that, it tends to be messy and noticeable to the person driving that vehicle or doing the destroying.... i guess tv and movies tend to brainwash people into thinking blood and guts don't exist but believe me they do. ( feel free to ask how i know this if you feel i am wrong :naw: ) or just ask any other Combat Veteran who has experience in the subject and they will give you a similar reaction....jackass!
:usa:

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

see unlike in movies and shows you may watch.... when a body is hit by a vehicle or something along the lines of destroying a human body like that, it tends to be messy and noticeable to the person driving that vehicle or doing the destroying.... i guess tv and movies tend to brainwash people into thinking blood and guts don't exist but believe me they do. ( feel free to ask how i know this if you feel i am wrong :naw: ) or just ask any other Combat Veteran who has experience in the subject and they will give you a similar reaction....jackass!

i think overlander was being sarcatic. no need to go off like that

Skirmish

I guess we aren't allowed to use sarcasm on the Internet anymore. Apparently this isn't the home of the free after all.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

What a stupid comment to make.

I was kidding. Clearly you don't watch the news or see anything that happens down in Mexico with the drug trades and all the violence. And I don't remember saying anything about a war.

Top Bottom