Light System Design

phillypete

I'm soon coming up on the lighting phase of my build. I have a basic idea of what I want but not how to accomplish it.

First, I am planning on swapping out the OEM headlights for Trucklites. Then I'd like to add some round lights to the top of the winch fairlead, but I'm not sure what to use. I will be retaining fog lights with the bumper I'll be running, and I'm not sure whether or not to upgrade them either.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i know for my bumper (ruggid ridge stubby with bull bar) i was able to retain factory fogs. i plan on adding some rigid lights to it either in the center or on the outer edge of the bumper. there small powerful design and function are making me lean toward them.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Just so you know, before you spend the money, you don't need any other lights besides the truck lites. They will be more then your factory heads and fogs together. But if you still want something I would look at a 10 or 20 inch lightbar for the front. Rigid are top notch but the knockoffs are good to if your looking to save some money.

phillypete

Just so you know, before you spend the money, you don't need any other lights besides the truck lites. They will be more then your factory heads and fogs together. But if you still want something I would look at a 10 or 20 inch lightbar for the front. Rigid are top notch but the knockoffs are good to if your looking to save some money.

Hmmm, interesting point. I don't have Trucklites yet, so I couldn't really attest to their effectiveness. I thought extra lights were the way to go since I see so many people running them... Didn't Eddie just make a post about this phenomena only with HiLifts?

Top Bottom