Rubicon Trail Rookie Run

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Not a JK but still a Jeep and I promised that I would post some images of my Rubicon Trail Run. I belong to a local club in San Diego and a few members are JK owners on this board also. If anyone told me I would be running my Jeep on the Rubicon Trail I would have told them they were crazy. I just got back from the hardest, most stressful offroading trip I have ever been on. July 8-10 proved to be a test of my driving skills and my Jeeps capabilities especially since I had the smallest Jeep in the group and the least capable. Here is my Big Red in all her glory. 33" Falken Wild Peaks, NO LOCKERS, a RE 3.5" SF lift, Currie HD Steering on on an 04 TJ "X" model. I am proud to report that there is no body damaged, I took bypasses as needed but there were some areas where there was no bypass and I was not winched, strapped or removed from my driver's Jeep at all. I had ALOT of spotting from another member of the group who was assigned to me as my personal spotter. I was named Rookie of the Year for finishing the run. Enjoy.

IMG_1079_filtered.jpg IMG_1052_filtered.jpg IMG_1044_filtered.jpg IMG_1004_filtered.jpg IMG_1003_filtered.jpg IMG_0978_filtered.jpg IMG_0963_filtered.jpg IMG_0962_filtered.jpg

Last edited:

Moochie

It's great that you were able to run this beautiful trail! Congrats on a job well done. You will have to come up and do it with us sometime. :)

Rebel JK

That is awesome! Great pics. Been looking forward to hearing how it went since we talked at the last S&G in cbad.
One of these days I need to get up there. Hopefully next year.

devwil68

My wife and I are headed up in late September and I have been contemplating this trail to with our rig.

Were running a '13 JKU Sport, 3.5 RK (short arm) with 37s, sleeves, gussets, winch, rubi rails, nothing special.

It's inspiring that you made it! Still wondering if we should.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
My wife and I are headed up in late September and I have been contemplating this trail to with our rig.

Were running a '13 JKU Sport, 3.5 RK (short arm) with 37s, sleeves, gussets, winch, rubi rails, nothing special.

It's inspiring that you made it! Still wondering if we should.

Just ran it this week. You won't have any problem. Just be ready to rash your wheels from Buck Island lake to the end!

Top Bottom