ARB Twin Compressor Mounts???

suicideking

My mod shop mentioned there's one that has been used: It's a kit to use a 2nd battery, but you mount the compressor instead of the battery.

BoogieMan

Thanks for the info. If anyone else have any information related to this, please share.

Are there any images of this under the hood bracket for the ARB twin compressor?

Jeeperformance in Yucaipa made their own, and i think carolina metal masters came up with one as well, i have not seen the ebay ones.

Serg5000

Before I decided to go under the hood I wired the compressor and put it under the seat just to hear how loud it would be. After just 5 seconds. It was out. I didn't like it. It isn't crazy loud. But it's loud. Many said that they would be outside the vehicle when airing up so it wouldn't be a big deal. Well, I usually have people with me so it would suck for them. Not to mention if you run air lockers. That's when you will be I side when it comes on. It was a no brainer for me to go under the hood. The tray wasn't to expensive and the bracket that the compressor mounts to was easy to make.

Black Ops

I guess loud is a relative term. I have been running a twin arb mounted under passenger seat of our jk and jku and would not trade it for an engine compartment mount for the heat and dirt alone. Just my humble opinion.

Sent from my MB886 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Serg5000

I guess loud is a relative term. I have been running a twin arb mounted under passenger seat of our jk and jku and would not trade it for an engine compartment mount for the heat and dirt alone. Just my humble opinion.

Heat hasn't been an issue for us. As the previous models ARB put out they for the most part go under the hood. I it becomes a personal preference as to where you want it. As for dirt. The filters they have must do a great job because I haven't heard of anyone having issues with dirt or dust. When I spoke to the techs at ARB. They said they build these with off-roading in mind. The test the crap out of them in all kinds of conditions. Not to mention the customer service the provide.

In the end it comes down to where you want it. I don't want anything in the cab. If I can mount it on the outside of the cab I will. Specially large components like that.

Black Ops

Heat hasn't been an issue for us. As the previous models ARB put out they for the most part go under the hood. I it becomes a personal preference as to where you want it. As for dirt. The filters they have must do a great job because I haven't heard of anyone having issues with dirt or dust. When I spoke to the techs at ARB. They said they build these with off-roading in mind. The test the crap out of them in all kinds of conditions. Not to mention the customer service the provide.

In the end it comes down to where you want it. I don't want anything in the cab. If I can mount it on the outside of the cab I will. Specially large components like that.

I should have been more specific. I was talking engine heat and dirt, as in road grime, salt, off road stuff, etc. I know they extensively test, but both factors will impact performance in the long run. In the end, its all a matter of preference.

And if you are in no rush, according to ARB themselves just today, they are about 30 days away from having an under the hood mounting solution for the twin compressor on JK's. They say it will work with both V6's and even hemi conversions.

phillypete

I should have been more specific. I was talking engine heat and dirt, as in road grime, salt, off road stuff, etc. I know they extensively test, but both factors will impact performance in the long run. In the end, its all a matter of preference.

And if you are in no rush, according to ARB themselves just today, they are about 30 days away from having an under the hood mounting solution for the twin compressor on JK's. They say it will work with both V6's and even hemi conversions.

Woo Hoo! I guess I'll hold out on that purchase.

suicideking

Jeeperformance in Yucaipa made their own, and i think carolina metal masters came up with one as well, i have not seen the ebay ones.

JPI did my install too, it's under the passenger seat.

Before I decided to go under the hood I wired the compressor and put it under the seat just to hear how loud it would be. After just 5 seconds. It was out. I didn't like it. It isn't crazy loud. But it's loud. Many said that they would be outside the vehicle when airing up so it wouldn't be a big deal. Well, I usually have people with me so it would suck for them. Not to mention if you run air lockers. That's when you will be I side when it comes on. It was a no brainer for me to go under the hood. The tray wasn't to expensive and the bracket that the compressor mounts to was easy to make.

It's not exactly pleasant to listen to, but I didn't want it under the hood either. I figure it will last longer, stay cleaner and cooler under the seat.

I also figure that eventually, when I get many other mods taken care of, I could get one of the ARB $100 compressors made just for lockers and mount that under the hood. Then I could just use the twin for airing up and leave it shut off the rest of the time. Definitely not a priority though.

IceColdJK

I know I am bringing up an old thread but I feel it is better than starting a new one. Black Ops do you have any photos of your install under the seat? I am in the location decision dilemma myself.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have mine under the seat, for a 2 door its kind a pain tho, but when using it to air up, no one can be on that seat since it has to be flipped forward with the standard hose connection present. I had a viar under the hood and it would be so hot to even connect the hose on, I didnt want another one under there. I understand the arb has a fan and all that, but wheel a day then just touch the compressor without it even being on.

do you have any photos of your install under the seat? I am in the location decision dilemma myself.

Carolina Metal Masters bracket - I ran the ARB factory harness out the drain hole then wrapped in heat tape then up to the battery - this required no cutting of the harness. I also ran the ARB with harness to the center console as the ARB Compressor is the isolator and all wired up and this saved me switch room in my switch panel.

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

IMG_1462.jpg

Top Bottom