LCOG Build questions...

aaronstephen

Hey everyone. Just a few questions... I have sold my JKU which had 4" EVO lift and bought a 2dr JK. I am wanting to keep this a LCOG build. I have already thrown a set of JKUR springs and shocks on it, which netted 1" of lift and then a TF leveling kit. Cut the fenders to make room for the 35's. ripped the rear bumper off and will be ordering EVO d ring mounts soon. Stubbied my front bumper and some other little things.

Questions... Since it sits a little lower what recommendations on armor do y'all have?

Also, being that its a 2dr and the front driveshaft looks awfully close to the trans, do you think that will be a problem disco'd?

What about LCA's? Is there a need to replace those with adjustables or the rears with this modest of lift? I'm sitting at 2.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear

Thanks for your thoughts and help in advance

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey everyone. Just a few questions... I have sold my JKU which had 4" EVO lift and bought a 2dr JK. I am wanting to keep this a LCOG build. I have already thrown a set of JKUR springs and shocks on it, which netted 1" of lift and then a TF leveling kit. Cut the fenders to make room for the 35's. ripped the rear bumper off and will be ordering EVO d ring mounts soon. Stubbied my front bumper and some other little things.

Questions... Since it sits a little lower what recommendations on armor do y'all have?

EVO or LOD sliders are top notch. Depends if you want bolt on or weld on.

Also, being that its a 2dr and the front driveshaft looks awfully close to the trans, do you think that will be a problem disco'd?

You shouldn't be any closer to the transmission then anyone else. Depending on year you might hit the exhaust crossover. If you go any higher in lift you'll need a new driveshaft for the front and rear.

What about LCA's? Is there a need to replace those with adjustables or the rears with this modest of lift? I'm sitting at 2.5" in the front and 1.5" in the rear

Thanks for your thoughts and help in advance

Not with that amount of lift. Do you have 1" or 2.5"? You said both. Either way your fine just curious.

aaronstephen

EVO or LOD sliders are top notch. Depends if you want bolt on or weld on.

You shouldn't be any closer to the transmission then anyone else. Depending on year you might hit the exhaust crossover. If you go any higher in lift you'll need a new driveshaft for the front and rear.

Not with that amount of lift. Do you have 1" or 2.5"? You said both. Either way your fine just curious.

2009. So I shouldn't be too worried about hitting the trans?

2.5" after leveling pucks on top of the JKUR springs.

Thanks

Atch

Oil pan is the main one I'd worry about. I have the EVO skid, it's beefy and easy to install.

bl17z90

Differential skids wouldn't be a bad idea if you arn't going any bigger than 35's

Evo rockstar rear lca skids seem pretty neat too, especially since they raise your shock mount point while protecting the lower arms.

Top Bottom