Wave from Germany......the very south-west corner.

sternspechtler

Hi all,

first of all......congratulations to you for the latest video set "Keep it tight".
Once more a fantastic outlook of what is possible in the "land of opportunity"....trails we can only dream of in Western Europe.

I´m a fan of your community since several years and I enjoyed all the videos.
This year we decided to buy a new car and I tried to enthuse my wife and the kids for a JK......tried.....:grayno:
Sadly I lost the competition against their favorite.....a Chevy Captiva 2012.

Some key factors against the JK:
- no dealer around in the next 100 miles
- no chance to transport 4 bicycles while towing a trailer
- too less rebate for new 2012 Unlimited Sahara......need to pay around 34.800€....against 27.000 for the Captiva.

So I need to enjoy the videos and dream of a JK for another couple of years :mad:

Greetings from South-West-Germany
Chris

MTG

Caught the Bug
Big wave back. Good luck with negotiations in a couple of years. There are probably some solutions for the bikes, depending on the type of trailer you have, but I can't help you on the dealer location or price. :)

sternspechtler

Hi

thanks for the feedback.

Maybe next time it´s on me to decide.:thumb: .... or the kids go their own way for vacation.
I had a closer look on bike transport.....we have a caravan with no option for 4 bikes.
Currently we have a VW Multivan where I carry the bikes on a system mounted at the rear door.
I couldn´t find any system that can be mounted on the spare tire.....for 4 bikes.
Finally this was the killer criteria for the JK.
All other issues could be solved....also the price disadvantage....

The only option for 4 bikes would be a rack system on top of the JK.

Top Bottom