Spray in liner

JT2012Jk

Howdy Gents, first post besides the "wave" section intro. So the Wife and I have a 2012 JKU and we have two dogs that go everywhere with us (chocolate lab and German Shepard). Needless to say there is a lot of up keep with hair. I finally sold the wife on going with a spray in liner. Figured the carpet was gonna take a pretty serious hit after a couple years of abuse. So here are my questions. For those of you who have done this already, how hard was it to sanitize the wiring throughout the tub..ie hiding it under lips etc. Also, how much of a noise increase do you notice after removing the carpet and insulation?

JT

JT2012Jk

thank you

Took quite a bit of reading and hopping over to "the other forum" through a link, but I got a decent answer. Thanks

JT2012Jk

I said that in sarcasm to other posts I've seen mentioning JK-Forum. I don't really care, that's why I put it in quotation marks lol.

biggy

Howdy Gents, first post besides the "wave" section intro. So the Wife and I have a 2012 JKU and we have two dogs that go everywhere with us (chocolate lab and German Shepard). Needless to say there is a lot of up keep with hair. I finally sold the wife on going with a spray in liner. Figured the carpet was gonna take a pretty serious hit after a couple years of abuse. So here are my questions. For those of you who have done this already, how hard was it to sanitize the wiring throughout the tub..ie hiding it under lips etc. Also, how much of a noise increase do you notice after removing the carpet and insulation?

JT

If your good with a soldering iron you can run the wires that go to the back up the pillar and across the rollbar and back down. You have to splice in about a four foot section to make it work. Its time consuming but worth it as I have no wires running along the tub which makes cleanup easier and it just looks better.

jeeeep

Hooked
be sure you let it cure outside if you can, if you leave it in your garage while it cures the smell will fill your house for days.

JT2012Jk

Lol, I helped a friend do his Cherokee a few years back and unfortunately didn't have a covered area to open it up under. Needless to say, this is Oregon and it rains most of the year. Took days for it to fully cure with the doors closed and weeks for the fumes to finally die down.

Top Bottom