I need a lawyer stat!

StrizzyChris

This is kinda meant for the two wolves in sheep's clothing ahem... but, as in most lawyerings, there are so many double negatives that I am a little confused as to what Ten Factory's 10yr warranty covers. Wanting to buy a set of chromo's prior to the Rubi run next month and was thinking about these.

Midwest Truck & Auto Parts Inc. warrants that all new TEN FACTORY axle shafts, except as otherwise provided herein, will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the first 10 years, or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first. ALL other TEN Factory products carry a 1 year, 10,000 mile warranty. THIS WARRANTY WILL NOT APPLY IF ANY PART HAS BEEN MODIFIED, DAMAGED OR IS DEFECTIVE AS A RESULT OF ANY ACCIDENT, MISUSE, IMPROPER INSTALLATION, NEGLIGENCE, REPAIR OR ALTERATION.

IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE EXCLUDED; THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF SUCH PARTS IS WITH THE BUYER. SHOULD SUCH PARTS PROVE DEFECTIVE FOLLOWING THEIR PURCHASE, THE BUYER AND NOT THE MANUFACTURER, DISTRIBUTOR OR RETAILER, ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIR.

THIS WARRANTY IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO THE ORIGINAL BUYER OF THE PART, AND IS NON TRANSFERABLE.

To make a warranty claim on parts, distributors should contact Midwest Truck & Auto Parts Inc., and individuals should contact their Midwest Truck & Auto Parts Inc. distributor for a returns Goods Authorization (RGA) number. No returns will be accepted without an RGA number. All parts should be returned to Midwest Truck & Auto Parts Inc. freight prepaid. Midwest Truck & Auto Parts Inc. will issue credit equal to the original purchase price for all defective parts covered by this warranty. In the event that a warranty claim cannot be substantiated by Midwest Truck & Auto Parts Inc., the parts will be returned to the customer freight collect.

THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND IN NO EVENT WILL MIDWEST BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LABOR COSTS.

Any input?

bob-o12jk

Banned
I have no input in their warranty because I didn't even get to install their shafts.
They sent me these and the u joint boxes were smashed and all the pieces were scattered everywhere.
So I called them and emailed all these pics. They called me right back and over nighted another box which was actually in worse conditions than these were.
Nothing was on the splines to protect them so they were dinged up pretty bad.
Called them back and got a full refund and then I.ordered a set of rcv's which were wrapped in bubble wrap, had dividers in.the box so the shafts wont bang against each other. I was very happy when I.received the rcv's compared to the ten factory shafts. A lot of people said so much good things about them but for me I pretty much got the "SHAFT" lol
If you do get them I wish you the best of luck that they dont look like mine cuz both sets that I received were in horrible condition. Im sure I just got a bad batch of them and I'm not trying to talk $hit about them cuz they tried sending me a new set and also sent return labels.for both sets and never gave me any problems about returning them

1373889211076.jpg 1373889236483.jpg 1373889261249.jpg 1373889280531.jpg 1373889297844.jpg 1373889326624.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So what is your specific question?

Generally, they have disclaimed all implied warranties in favor of offering one express (written) warranty. Disclaiming implied warranties is not unusual. For a part like a shaft, I would be shocked if they didn't respond to any post-install break by saying it had either (1) been installed incorrectly; or, (2) abused. I'm cynical like that. If I had faith in a particular company I would buy its product even with that same type of warranty.

Edit: This part of the warranty sucks - "THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF SUCH PARTS IS WITH THE BUYER. SHOULD SUCH PARTS PROVE DEFECTIVE FOLLOWING THEIR PURCHASE, THE BUYER AND NOT THE MANUFACTURER, DISTRIBUTOR OR RETAILER, ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIR." It reads as if there is no warranty at all.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I couldn't figure out his question either. And why is he yelling?! LOL

For what it's worth, I'm guessing most company's warranty language will be pretty similar. I bought Ten Factory axles based simply on price and some good things I heard about the company and some bad things I heard about some others.

StrizzyChris

I guess my question wasn't clear, but it was "what actually is covered"?

Edit: This part of the warranty sucks - "THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF SUCH PARTS IS WITH THE BUYER. SHOULD SUCH PARTS PROVE DEFECTIVE FOLLOWING THEIR PURCHASE, THE BUYER AND NOT THE MANUFACTURER, DISTRIBUTOR OR RETAILER, ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING OR REPAIR." It reads as if there is no warranty at all.

That's what I thought. A ten year 100k mile warranty as long as it is in your trunk and not installed? :thinking:

And what constitutes abuse? It's a shaft...it spins a wheel and will only show a failure, not under what conditions it failed :idontknow:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It's a shaft...it spins a wheel and will only show a failure, not under what conditions it failed :idontknow:

And that is the problem with trying to get a warranty on any moving part. It will be your burden to prove defect as opposed to damage...and the burden won't be easy to meet. I'm guessing if push came to shove it would take a metallurgist to prove something that had been installed correctly, and had not been abused, just spontaneously failed.

MTG

Caught the Bug
This thread reminds me of Tommy Boy...

Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
This thread reminds me of Tommy Boy...

Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

:cheesy:

You can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a butchers ass but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?

Wait it has to be your bull.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Feel free to post any additional legal questions. I am a certified curbside-lawyer. Specializing in second guessing, Monday-morning quarterbacking, rendering uneducated and unqualified opinions in any matter seen on the news, Internet or other publication. 👌😎

Webe

In a nut shell just having "oversized" tires will void the warrantee. That is anything other then stock. So just know there is no warrantee once its installed.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
In a nut shell just having "oversized" tires will void the warrantee. That is anything other then stock. So just know there is no warrantee once its installed.

I don't think that's the case with these shafts.

Moochie is running or did run these. I don't remember if he ran them prior to the ARB install or since the install. Maybe he will post up. But I am pretty sure he ran them at one time.

Moochie

I just installed their rear shafts maybe 4 months ago. Ten Factory is known for having a good ten year warranty on their products. In fact this is why the ten is in their name. More than likely they won't cover a bent axle flange due to hard wheeling with 37" tires. I don't expect them to. If the shaft breaks, this should be covered.

P33J_JK

I've had these for 3 years. I have bent and broken a lot of things, including my r&p that I run these axles on, these didn't even bend.

StrizzyChris

I bought a set of Rubi takeoff fronts to run as trail spares. Found a good deal and gonna shift that savings towards my D60's

I'm just wherry anytime a disclaimer is that confusing and convoluted. Makes me not trust them

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I bought a set of Rubi takeoff fronts to run as trail spares. Found a good deal and gonna shift that savings towards my D60's

I'm just wherry anytime a disclaimer is that confusing and convoluted. Makes me not trust them

Hey Chris. I tried sending you a PM all day yesterday and again just now. Your inbox still hasn't been cleared.

Here is the short version. Sorry, neither date you suggested will work.

StrizzyChris

Hey Chris. I tried sending you a PM all day yesterday and again just now. Your inbox still hasn't been cleared.

Here is the short version. Sorry, neither date you suggested will work.

Just saw this and that my inbox is full :doh:

Paisano

A warranty should read: We guarantee every item purchased from us. No more, no less. Your satisfaction is the sole purpose of our transaction.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
A warranty should read: We guarantee every item purchased from us. No more, no less. Your satisfaction is the sole purpose of our transaction.

The problem is people abuse products and expect the results to be covered by the manufacturer. The above is a recipe for either the business going under or costs of goods being exorbitant.

Top Bottom