Bug Burners

Voodoo Actual

I came across a thread the other day; one of the users here replaced his OEM bulbs with Sylvania SilverStars.

I've always thought the JK's head lights were a little dim so I decided to hunt down some SilverStars. To the left of the SilverStars were SilverStar Ultras - for another $10.00, I figured it wouldn't hurt.

The package claims these bulbs are 50% brighter, throw 40% further, and pattern 50% wider. They are accurately represented.

$54.74 later - problem solved.

rtguy1

I came across a thread the other day; one of the users here replaced his OEM bulbs with Sylvania SilverStars.

I've always thought the JK's head lights were a little dim so I decided to hunt down some SilverStars. To the left of the SilverStars were SilverStar Ultras - for another $10.00, I figured it wouldn't hurt.

The package claims these bulbs are 50% brighter, throw 40% further, and pattern 50% wider. They are accurately represented.

$54.74 later - problem solved.

i just tossed these in as well, but didn't really notice a difference :idontknow:

fyi i got mine on amazon for $35 and they are the ultra's H13/9008

Voodoo Actual

i just tossed these in as well, but didn't really notice a difference :idontknow:

fyi i got mine on amazon for $35 and they are the ultra's H13/9008

It wasn't worth it for me to wait on shipping.

Put your OEM bulbs back in and see if you notice the difference.

The difference was noticeable for me - I also drove my JK right before and after dropping them in.

JLearie

I have silver stars, maybe the ultras, in my headlights and fogs. Night and day difference between them and oem.

Tyler02

I plan on going straight to hid's I have ordered many sets from here can't beat the prices and they are quality.

I just checked out this site and I was wondering of all those accessories that are offered when choosing what you want which ones are needed for the jk?

ProjectWoolf

I just checked out this site and I was wondering of all those accessories that are offered when choosing what you want which ones are needed for the jk?

This is from their website

- Jeep Wrangler - Some require nothing extra, some require Error Code Eliminators (type 3) and '07+
- Jeep Wrangler (2007-present): high/low bulbs - May require 220uF capacitor and a 50v-1a diode to address high beam flickering

Once I get back from leave I plan on just giving it a shot with no additional accessories first. I've put these in other cars and bikes and haven't had any issues other than finding a good mounting spot for the ballasts. I had them on my raptor (bike not truck =[) and they had no issues with some extreme off roading and being shaken to hell.

Last edited:

xflstl

I got these as my 1st upgrade when I bought my 2010 JKUR, they are a standard 6k HID light sold in a kit made for the JK. I have been very happy with them ever since, they were not cheap, but were a very noticeable upgrade.

http://www.carhidkits.com/

HID.jpg

Stock light
stockhand.jpg

HID light
hidhand.jpg

Side by side
both.jpg

Top Bottom