Muffler Delete

chasAZmtbr

Wanna know how your 3.8 would sound with no muffler? Obnoxious, really obnoxious. Don't bother testing it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1373915072070.jpg
    1373915072070.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 167

Devallee

I actually liked the way it sounded. I ran it this way for almost a year while I was away at school and loved it. I usually wheel at a little faster pace on old service roads and the desert with a bunch of guys with built up silverados and other pickups that make the 3.8 sound like a pansy so the sound without the muffler made me feel like a big boy :cheesy: But once I got back home I started to get back on the slower trails with steep inclines and whatnot i didnt like the loss of power in the lower rpm range and finally got over it and put on the dynomax. If I could keep the sound without the loss in power I would but that's just me :thumb:

TRAUMAhead

Currently running the Dynomax Rock Crawler, tone definitely softened over the past year. Been thinking of swapping it out for a Race Bullet, but I haven't heard any one running one a the 3.8.

chasAZmtbr

I actually liked the way it sounded. I ran it this way for almost a year while I was away at school and loved it. I usually wheel at a little faster pace on old service roads and the desert with a bunch of guys with built up silverados and other pickups that make the 3.8 sound like a pansy so the sound without the muffler made me feel like a big boy :cheesy: But once I got back home I started to get back on the slower trails with steep inclines and whatnot i didnt like the loss of power in the lower rpm range and finally got over it and put on the dynomax. If I could keep the sound without the loss in power I would but that's just me :thumb:

After 24 hours it's started to grow on me. I think I might keep it off until I get my new exhausted. I tried my remote start in a parking garage and it sounded amazing

simonjk

Caught the Bug
I ran mine like that for about 2 weeks. I liked it but wanted louder. I put on a cherrybomb extreme muffler and get compliments everywhere I go.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

chasAZmtbr

I ran mine like that for about 2 weeks. I liked it but wanted louder. I put on a cherrybomb extreme muffler and get compliments everywhere I go.

Did you have to make muffler mounts for that?

Devallee

After 24 hours it's started to grow on me. I think I might keep it off until I get my new exhausted. I tried my remote start in a parking garage and it sounded amazing

It sounds great in garages. I could pretty much set off car alarms on command, but I just couldn't get over the little power lag. The dynomax has been good so far. I've changed my exhaust like 5 times so I'm over it now haha

simonjk

Caught the Bug
Did you have to make muffler mounts for that?

No it just bolted right on. I coukd use a relocation bracket to move it flush with the tub. But its out the way. I don't have a pic right now. Ill post one up for you later

Top Bottom