EVO Sliders work with Rubi Rock Rails

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Does anyone know for sure if the EVO sliders will work with the Rubi rails on the 4 door JKU?

:thumb::thinking::beer:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I wouldn't think so but I could be wrong. Out of curiosity, why would you want to run both?

Edit: let me qualify that by saying I have seen people special order the sliders with more of a level angle. Maybe then it would work.

Last edited:

Krieger

I never even noticed the pinch seam once the sliders were installed. It's like eye candy you just can't take you're eyes off them.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Perhaps I can add some info here. I have Rubi rails currently installed. I just got my custom angled EVO Mfg. sliders.

I tried to test for them underneath the rails by placing the feet on the frame where they will eventually be welded. It does not seat correctly and the feet are not high enough (not fully on frame). So my amateur opinion is they will not work with rubi rails, even in the lower, customers angled configuration.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Perhaps I can add some info here. I have Rubi rails currently installed. I just got my custom angled EVO Mfg. sliders.

I tried to test for them underneath the rails by placing the feet on the frame where they will eventually be welded. It does not seat correctly and the feet are not high enough (not fully on frame). So my amateur opinion is they will not work with rubi rails, even in the lower, customers angled configuration.

Thanks for the info!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Yep yep!! 👍

SaddleTramp

How hard would it be to paint the pinch seam after the EVO sliders were installed. Is there enough space to paint between the tubes or to come from underneath with a rattle can?

Looks like WOL painted his after installation judging by the first few photos of Rubicats build aling with the inner fenders. I may not have a chance to paint them prior to the sliders being burnt in at the shop.

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I am going to paint my pinch seam that sits below the rocker armor before I install the sliders.
:beer::rock:

Top Bottom