Know a good place to stay in Sedona?

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I'll be taking the wife to Sedona in a couple of weeks to check out the trails in that area and I'd like to hear recommendation for a hotel or bed and breakfast. We're not looking for anything fancy but a good value.

DManuel

We researched a lot of places last year for a long weekend to Sedona. The Best Westerns and similar were already booked so not an option. We ended up staying at Sedona Rouge and would definitely recommend it if you can find a good rate / package. We got an awesome package through Luxury Link and also got upgraded to a gigantic suite. Package included spa treatments and $100 dining credit.It was our anniversary so it was nice to have the package even though we were still out exploring during the day. It is in West Sedona and right next to the grocery store but that didn't bother us. Plenty of good restaurants near by and close enough to the main town and everything we needed.

Only been there the one time so only recommendation to provide.

Sedona was beautiful, probably can't go wrong wherever you end up. Have a great trip!

Laura

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
Sedona is great. For jeepin and relaxing. Like Laura said can't really go wrong as long as do your research. Have stayed with wife and kids a couple times at the best western inn of Sedona. If you happen to book there, ask for a room on the top level. Better red rock sunsets can be seen.

GCM 2

Might be more than you want

I usually just stay at the Hilton, its not the cheapest but has always been great to me each stay and has everything you could want, to include the awesome views. The JKX weekender back in the summer of 2011, thats actually where we stayed too. Sedona is pretty darn small and really everything is in driving distance, fuel, groceries, restaurants, depending on where you stay it could even be walking distance. The trails are all exceptionally beautiful, very easy, almost rental car drivable for many of them. I think any place you chose there, as far as the chain hotel, will be a pretty safe bet. The local bed and breakfast places can be hit and miss, some cater to the "Sedona is the Spiritual Epicenter of the Harmonic Universe" crowd, others for the straight up "young college hippies" and are almost like a communal hostel, and then there are the uber-wealthy jet set types that stay at some of the super high-end B&B's that are just over the top.

Edit: make sure you bring a light jacket, its summer, and it's the desert...but you are up in elevation and it is monsoon season, so you could get chilly nights and/or heavy rain at times.

Last edited:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Just a thought, but if you have trouble booking something in Sedona, Flagstaff is just a short distance away so you'll still have plenty of daylight to explore the town and it's trails. Flag has every price range from reasonable to "Are you kidding me!" Either way, hope you have a great trip.:yup:

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
We researched a lot of places last year for a long weekend to Sedona. The Best Westerns and similar were already booked so not an option. We ended up staying at Sedona Rouge and would definitely recommend it if you can find a good rate / package. We got an awesome package through Luxury Link and also got upgraded to a gigantic suite. Package included spa treatments and $100 dining credit.It was our anniversary so it was nice to have the package even though we were still out exploring during the day. It is in West Sedona and right next to the grocery store but that didn't bother us. Plenty of good restaurants near by and close enough to the main town and everything we needed.

Only been there the one time so only recommendation to provide.

Sedona was beautiful, probably can't go wrong wherever you end up. Have a great trip!

Laura

thanks, this might be a good option since our anniversary is just around the corner

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Just a thought, but if you have trouble booking something in Sedona, Flagstaff is just a short distance away so you'll still have plenty of daylight to explore the town and it's trails. Flag has every price range from reasonable to "Are you kidding me!" Either way, hope you have a great trip.:yup:

yea, not a bad thought...thanks!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
I usually just stay at the Hilton, its not the cheapest but has always been great to me each stay and has everything you could want, to include the awesome views. The JKX weekender back in the summer of 2011, thats actually where we stayed too. Sedona is pretty darn small and really everything is in driving distance, fuel, groceries, restaurants, depending on where you stay it could even be walking distance. The trails are all exceptionally beautiful, very easy, almost rental car drivable for many of them. I think any place you chose there, as far as the chain hotel, will be a pretty safe bet. The local bed and breakfast places can be hit and miss, some cater to the "Sedona is the Spiritual Epicenter of the Harmonic Universe" crowd, others for the straight up "young college hippies" and are almost like a communal hostel, and then there are the uber-wealthy jet set types that stay at some of the super high-end B&B's that are just over the top.

Edit: make sure you bring a light jacket, its summer, and it's the desert...but you are up in elevation and it is monsoon season, so you could get chilly nights and/or heavy rain at times.

thanks GCM 2 for the info. I was kinda thinking bed and breakfast but forgot about the spiritual Shirley McClaine thing that happens in Sedona (similar thing in Santa Fe near us). We're also over our communal hostel days.....Good note on the jacket, we live in a similar, high desert environment in Albuquerque so always have the rain stuff in the jeep....

TheRoyalDoyle

Please let me know when you are planning on wheeling in the area. I live 15 minutes outside of Sedona. I have a suggestion for a place to stay, it's a little more pricey, but well worth it. Its a place called Briar Patch Inn, and its on Oak Creek. No TV's wood burning fire place, very intimate, and very private. I highly highly suggest it.

My wife took her office girls on a weekend getaway a couple of years ago and she stayed at the 'Cedars Resort' right at the 179 / 89 round about. They loved it, had great room views of the red rocks and creek and walking distance to the heart of Sedona shopping & food. You must get the 'creekside' building/rooms not the road side building...she said they had no road noise and well worth he price. Good luck and enjoy the trip!:thumb:

GCM 2

Please let me know when you are planning on wheeling in the area. I live 15 minutes outside of Sedona. I have a suggestion for a place to stay, it's a little more pricey, but well worth it. Its a place called Briar Patch Inn, and its on Oak Creek. No TV's wood burning fire place, very intimate, and very private. I highly highly suggest it.

Yes, this place has always gotten great reviews from the people from Phoenix traveling up to Sedona. Great pick!

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug

Our trip is for 26-28. I'll check out BPI. Thanks for the suggestion

Top Bottom