Rancheria Rd, Black Gulch 4x4 trail to Keysville

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Well today was my day off and wanting to do something other than the normal stuff I decided to plan a trip from Rancheria Rd to Keysville near lake Isabella. Doing this I did not plan on what crazy trail I would of battled through the middle :crazyeyes: but I learned a lot from it, also what a mostly stock JK can do and I am very impressed! Even though I didnt get any damage just scrapes after this trip I now know I am in dire need of a winch and rocker guards...:yup: Heres a few pics of the trip sorry not much action shots.

The start of Rancheria Rd.

DSCF3276.jpg

A gopher snake that I almost ran over on the road... :shock:

DSCF3277.jpg

Some beutiful flowers I spotted...
DSCF3279.jpg

A little ways up the road

DSCF3280.jpg

DSCF3281.jpg

I had planned on taking a small side rout up to a U.S. forest watch tower but it was closed :grayno:

DSCF3283.jpg

More Below

Last edited:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
A fork in the road :hmm:

DSCF3284.jpg

One of many meadows

DSCF3285.jpg

Entering National Forest and then Black Gultch 4x4 trail

DSCF3286.jpg

DSCF3287.jpg

Some of Black Gultch 4x4 trail and senery

DSCF3289.jpg

DSCF3291.jpg

DSCF3292.jpg

Stopping for a pose...

DSCF3293.jpg

The trail ahead. :crazyeyes:

DSCF3294.jpg

Going down a very steep wash out and bottoming out, lets just say my skids are no longer new. :synister:

DSCF3296.jpg

Last edited:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Stopping for lunch

DSCF3297.jpg

Taking in the scenery and the high winds while eating

DSCF3298.jpg

After lunch and the last pose just before finishing the trail

DSCF3299.jpg

and finally making it to Keysville and off to do some fishing at Lake Isabella. :clap2:

DSCF3303.jpg

DSCF3304.jpg

Overall a very awesome wheeling trip, I had a lot of fun and it was quite a challenge with all the deep washouts and ocasional rocks. I cant wait to go on this trail again hopefully with a lift and some newer tires to compare. :beer:

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Very nice! I just love seeing these little short trip reports with great pictures. Honestly, they make my day. :thumb:

kaptkrappy

^^^^^^^^^^^
What MTG said;
We have nothing like that around here, so thank you for letting me live (for a few minutes) through your lens. :clap2:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
wow, looks real pretty up there right now. glad you had a fun time out on the trail :thumb:

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Very nice! I just love seeing these little short trip reports with great pictures. Honestly, they make my day. :thumb:

Thanks Im glad they make your day! I love seeing adventures as well. :D

^^^^^^^^^^^
What MTG said;
We have nothing like that around here, so thank you for letting me live (for a few minutes) through your lens. :clap2:

Thanks, yea its very beutfiul and a great experience.

wow, looks real pretty up there right now. glad you had a fun time out on the trail :thumb:

Yea it is, and it was a nice day to have the top off on the trail. Even though the inside of my jeep is coverd in dust and leaves I dont care one bit. :brows:

BTkillerr

Hey Ray,
Sorry I didnt get to talk to you and your dad much at the last Suds-n-grub. I have finals the next 2 weeks and then I'll have some more time so let me know when you have a day off and want to hit a trail up your way. I'm only a couple of hours south of you...and I have a winch!! lol
Nice trail...looks beautiful up there!

BTKillerr
<Bob>

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Hey Ray,
Sorry I didnt get to talk to you and your dad much at the last Suds-n-grub. I have finals the next 2 weeks and then I'll have some more time so let me know when you have a day off and want to hit a trail up your way. I'm only a couple of hours south of you...and I have a winch!! lol
Nice trail...looks beautiful up there!

BTKillerr
<Bob>

Hey Bob, no worries I wasnt much of a talker at the meet and greet I was a little tired from working the night before. :doh: Anyways next time I should be a lot more talkative haha. Yea that sounds awesome, I agree Im gonna have to wait a few weeks as well same thing finals :icon_crazy: but hopefully by the next meet and greet I should have rocker guards and a winch so Ill be able to hit the trails with ya. It would be a lot more fun with a second jeep. haha :yup:

Top Bottom