Rails - EVO vs. LOD

Sporadic

I'm torn between the EVO and LOD rock sliders. By the time I have the EVO's locally powder-coated and installed (welded) I've spent quite a bit more than for the bolt on sliders from LOD.

I'd like to get some advice from those that have each product.

Thanks in advance!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
If you need them to function somewhat as a step, I'd go with the LoD. To me it provides more room for feet. Otherwise, I'd go with EVO. They both look great though so I don't think you will be disappointed either way.

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you like the EVO sliders but are hesitant because of the costs you mentioned. Paint them yourself. If you wheel your jeep on rocks you're going to be painting them again anyway. Someone just posted up their self painted ones recently...Frank maybe?

Find somebody (buddy of a buddy's buddy) that welds and bribe them with pizza and beer.

You can go wrong with either. Get what you want, you'll just regret it later if you don't.

I too was torn between the LOD and EVO sliders. I went with LOD because they have a step and SWMBO is not very tall and a 4 yo who needs help getting in. The other reason is I have LOD for my front and rear bumper/tire carrier. You can have the LOD's welded on if you prefer.

R/
Will

TrailBear

If you need a step get the LOD, if not evo, I went with the lods because I didn't need someone else to put them on, if I did it again I would weld them on, it's hard to Tap the frame close to the body

StrizzyChris

As mentioned the EVO's can be welded to stick out a little bit to function as somewhat of a step. But its still just a tube. I chose the LOD since I can install without welding AND it has true step with steel groves that grip your foot. But I will say its a small step as well and is pretty tight to the body. I like it but don't expect a man size foot step to accommodate your whole foot

nacho

I have installed 2 sets of EVO sliders. Both painted. Here in colorado you get on your rockers really hard and I have noticed they take a real beating, hold shape and protect as advertised. Function as a step, not so much. IMG_0827.jpg IMG_0835.jpg

Sithwindu

I have installed 2 sets of EVO sliders. Both painted. Here in colorado you get on your rockers really hard and I have noticed they take a real beating, hold shape and protect as advertised. Function as a step, not so much. View attachment 40203 View attachment 40204

I'm in the market for slider and am leaning towards evo, and was wondering how they would look body colored!!!

Not as bad as I thought I'm considering this now! But idk how it would look with gecko

flotto

I went LOD for the step, my wife is short and needs the step. Also I didn't want to have to deal with finding a welder so the bolt on was attractive to me.

Jerms

I would go with the Evos for sure. Ive banged on mine several times already. They are stout. I also bolted mine on. I figured, if needed, i could always weld after the fact.

As far as finishing them, i sprayed mine with the spray liner in a can from Auto Zone. If you are going to wheel it, they are going to get scratched. Hey, thats what they are for!

IMAG0520.jpg

JK1

Went with LoDs and paineted them myself I used Duplicolor bedliner paint and it has held up better then any other paint i have tried (tried rustolium first it didnt last long at all) they are both great sliders just wanted a real step for the wife and kids... :beer:

IMG-20120822-00195.jpg
IMG-20120828-00201.jpg
IMG-20120828-00202.jpg

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Just ran bad ass devils canyon. The jeeps we ran had either EVO or LoD. They both held up. I have LoD because of the step. Regarding bolt on..... If you are going to use the rails for what they were made for, I would on welding to the frame either one.

suicideking

These were my two top choices as well. I went with the Evo and had them do the custom bend so they can be used as a step.

I like the way the Evo look more than the LOD + wanted weld on anyway. You really can't go wrong either way though. Both are nice and will function well. The LOD can be welded. If I was going to get the LOD, would've had them welded.

Sporadic

Folks, I appreciate all the feedback! All great advice! Still a hard decision but will post some picks once I figure out which ones I order.

Last edited:
Top Bottom