Teraflex 3inch Full flex Kit

iBeWaRe

Well guys, after some serious thought and looking into my finances I just ordered my JK Wrangler 3" Suspension System w/Full 8 FlexArm System. I'll be picking it up tomorrow but wont install it for another 2-3 weeks. Was wondering if anyone has experience installing this certain kit into there JKs. Ill be installing it with my cousin and he has a lot of experience with this type of stuff but Im still a noob. Any information/suggestions we should know about or be aware of will be greatly appreciated. Its a 2013 Jeep wrangler sport unlimited. Ill will be installing 35s in it with 15inch wheels. Thanks:thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I installed it on my 2012. It's a pretty straight forward install if you follow the write up on the project jk website. It lists out all the steps and when to do what. Also gives you a tools list.

Just be sure you have everything you need between tools and extra parts. I would suggest getting extended brake lines and not using the rake line extension bracket. It requires you to bend the hard line and that can be a pain. I went with the extended lines and have still maxed them out at full flex.

It's a pretty good kit just be prepared for a stiff ride on the road.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374022630.354352.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1374022687.558287.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Get different coils.

Also you will probably net closer to 4 or 4.5 inches of lift. Plan or front and rear driveshafts soon.

iBeWaRe

yea im already looking for some right now. Gonna upgrade in about 2months. Any suggestions on what brand/type of driveshafts. Sorry if these questions sound dumb im just trying to learn. :blush: Thanks

Moochie

Anything i can do or upgrade later for a smoother ride on the road?

The lift he has, with Bilstein 5100 shocks,used to be on my 4 door. I put about 75,000 miles on my Jeep with this lift on it. I liked the ride. I think it's the difference between a 2 and a heavy 4 door that makes OverlanderJK's ride feel stiffer. What kind of shocks are you using?

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Also remember that with the stiffer coils you won't sag as much when loaded up, which is a plus.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The lift he has, with Bilstein 5100 shocks,used to be on my 4 door. I put about 75,000 miles on my Jeep with this lift on it. I liked the ride. I think it's the difference between a 2 and a heavy 4 door that makes OverlanderJK's ride feel stiffer. What kind of shocks are you using?

I agree with this. I don't mind the stiffness since I am used to it but it is stiff. All my trucks I've had in the past had really stiff coils and I don't mind the stiffness.

Bt I agree with it being softer on a 4 door.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I agree with this. I don't mind the stiffness since I am used to it but it is stiff.

That's What She Said.

but really in all seriousness, MTG was telling me your really do prefer it stiff... thanks for the confirmation. :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Paisano

Jesus forgives you all for your sins! Yup
God is Great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom