Soft top leaking

Conquest jeep

Ok so my soft top is leaking on the driver side corner in my 2008 jk. I've seen other people say that the dealership just replaced the top for them. So since I wanted a new top anyway that's what I'm going to do. But since its not under warranty I will just do it myself.

I'm just curious if replacing just the top will fix it or do I need to replace the whole top system?

Is it pretty easy to just replace the top?

Also any suggestions on tops for a two door with tinted windows?

Briguy114

With so many pieces coming together in that corner, I don't know that replacing the top will even stop the leak. It's just one of those things that is going to happen, and unless its a really bad leak, I would just leave it alone

Conquest jeep

With so many pieces coming together in that corner, I don't know that replacing the top will even stop the leak. It's just one of those things that is going to happen, and unless its a really bad leak, I would just leave it alone

At first it wasn't but the other day everything got soaked...granted it was a pretty bad storm

Briguy114

Just try to make sure that none of the seals or anything like that are pinched or folded over when you put the door surrounds and top back up after having it down. Mine leaks really bad every once in a while, but not consistently enough that I feel replacing the top is necessary

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My factory top didn't leak, my aftermarket trek top leaks a little bit. Probably not going to fix your issue.

ashleighpaiged

My factory top leaked on both sides. I put sea foam on the top corners by the windshield and that did a real good job keeping it from leaking. Just a suggestion if you don't want to replace the whole thing:)

#mudslut

jkrossi

Mine leaks too. But hey good thing it only rains a little bit in southern Cali. Its a jeep thing.

Black Ops

Two things to check. 1) The small foam like seal in the plastic door frame in the corner. If it gets damaged or the sealant that holds it has broken down it will leak. 2) The main seal at the top of windshield. Check that it is not damaged in the corner and that the bottom side is still sealed with factory adhesive to the channel it sits in. Specifically in the corner.

Mine leaked a little when new and these were the two things the dealer fixed that solved the problem.

Sent from my MB886 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Cajun JK

I got some strip foam from autozone and cut new pieces and replaced all on the header rail and side by the door surrounds. Sealed everything up tight.

jeff_in_rc

Here is a tip from a friend of mine that makes his own camping stuff, if the leak is in a seam get some seam sealer and re-seal your seams. It comes in a small bottle with a long metal tip and you just squeeze out the sealer as you run the tip along the seams. :D

Top Bottom